What did you do at Full time yesterday ?

hippo

5 hours ago, delboy54 said:

First time I have seen Villa win at Wembley since Norwich in the 1975 LCF with my old man when I was only 16. (in fact the first time I have ever actually seen Villa win anything),

I shed a tear for him as he is no longer with us and both my grandfathers....all three of them Villa fans, they would have loved to have been there.

I was fine until I read this... dust everywhere. I think I need a few quiet days to get back to an even  keel!

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

That was a great touch for us villa fans of a certain age. 

Loved hearing it again 😍

Yes I used to love us coming out to this, reminds me of a sunny afternoon at VP and all was with the world 

• Like 1

After cheering and shouting and shedding a tear, believe it or not I felt empty.

All that we had prayed for had come true. Like reading a good book or watching a great TV series and its over

What happens next. ?                                 onwards and upwards  

Some lads sat in front of me in the pub got excited and bought some champagne with 10 minutes left. They'd been smashing back the bombs since 12:00 so they were heavily refreshed gentleman. 

When the whistle blew they turned round and let off the champagne. I got soaked from head to toe, I didn't try to get out of the way because I was so freaking delighted.

I've spent all day today at work watching Villa videos, and I haven't stopped smiling all day. 

• Like 3

Continued to lay silently in bed, watching the celebrations on my phone with a smile on my face and a tear in the eye.

After over 20 years it was surreal to watch Villa win something when it mattered and so great seeing the fans/players/staff/administrators reactions at Wembley. 

• Like 3

I was fine until Mings went off injured. The goal went in, I laughed it off, MrsVM said "Why is Mings still on the floor?" Then I was tense. Steer and Hause calmed me down a bit and then the whistle! Confused MrsVM a bit I think. She was expecting something a bit more exuberant but after jumping up accompanied by "****ing YES!!" I just sat there quietly soaking it all in with a massive grin on my chops until I started blubbing. It really was more like a massive relief. Didn't really sink in for a while. Nothing to say, No gifs to post, nada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jumped up & down, hugged my mates, sang some songs and then tried to find our wayward coach having watched the celebrations of the players and the trophy presentation.

Lots of Derby fans where i work (being near Derby lol) and they were all saying how crap our fans were after the game. They showed me some footage of a couple of hundred Villa fans waiting for trains silently. I don't think they could understand why they were not going wild having gotten promoted.

I have to say our coach home was flat as arse too for some bizarre reason?! Almost silent in fact.

8 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Jumped up & down, hugged my mates, sang some songs and then tried to find our wayward coach having watched the celebrations of the players and the trophy presentation.

Lots of Derby fans where i work (being near Derby lol) and they were all saying how crap our fans were after the game. They showed me some footage of a couple of hundred Villa fans waiting for trains silently. I don't think they could understand why they were not going wild having gotten promoted.

I have to say our coach home was flat as arse too for some bizarre reason?! Almost silent in fact.

I think the relief and emotion has knocked it out of everyone involved and it was plain to see.

Going on a massive run like we have and gave our everything it's been one hell of a journey what we have achieved in the last few months.

I think it will be a week or so before everything really kicks in and everything is settled.

As Lambert would say: "We go again".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Yes I used to love us coming out to this, reminds me of a sunny afternoon at VP and all was with the world 

Well? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

200 out of 40,000 fans and to be fair if they were in the train que that early probably families - People in the ground were going mad, grown men crying, hugging complete strangers, singing etc 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I think you can put that down to a huge consumption of alcohol before the game,

giving it it loads before the game,

giving it loads during the game, (i only heard the Derby fans once, and that was when they scored)

giving it loads after the game,

loads more consumption of alcohol after the game..........

put that all together and it = exhaustion !!!!! 

• Like 2

Â