Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Mate if you can't support black lives matter then you shouldn't get to watch football. I'm a Conservative, but it is clear that black people are not treated to the same standard as white people. The same goes for any ethnic minority for that matter. White people are 5 times less likely to get arrested for committing the same crimes as black people even though they offend at roughly the same rate.

Racism has no place in football and if you want to express hate in place for joy then I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, we'd rather not have you. Go support Chelsea I'm sure you'd have a lot in common with the fans. 

Also what do you think are far left? Anything left of the nazis? Or just centrists? 

Calm down there.

BLM have been encouraging violent riots. They have shown to be out of control at times. 

It's fine to support the black community despite not supporting BLM.

Edited by villalad21
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It will be watched for a few weeks then i think numbers will drop.  People are not gonna like it i think after the novelty has worn off

Depends on every team position by then. In a regular season, many teams just go in couple weeks without being interested.

I can't remember when was the last time we were on beach the last couple of games? 2010-11 upwards have always been nervous with relegation battle. We used to be in the mix till the last two games. Before that 3 seasons competing for Europe.

2015/16, 2016/17 were the only season that we had almost half of the season to play for nothing. Which I haven't been bothered to watch games (well, most weren't live in our country for our championship first season).

I think the numbers usually drop when league positions are cemented. Liverpool will win, City and Leicester almost giving themselves a places as top 4. European places will be interesting with relegation battle. Usually PL relegation battle is the most looked at compared to other leagues. Actually, Bayern, PSG and Juve have made their leagues boring. I don't remember when was the last time I was interested in watching any of these leagues anyway.

Anyway, I'm feeling the usual weekly nerves before every important game for Villa. For now, only results will affect. I don't think the atmosphere would make different for me (it would for players ofcourse). The thing is whenever you watch Villa, it's not about fun. It's about waiting to achieve something. It's wanting the win.

2 players tested positive in latest round of testing, 1 from Norwich who played in a friendly against Spurs on Friday night. Just goes to show how quickly this could potentially spread across the division. One game at a time, just get the win by any means necessary against Sheff Utd. Who knows if the restart will be as successful as it has in Germany. We have to have the mentality that we might only get one game before it gets called off again. I suspect teams will lose key players in the build up to games unexpectedly and preparations will be damaged. Praying SJG & SJM are fine for every game.

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Mate if you can't support black lives matter then you shouldn't get to watch football. I'm a Conservative, but it is clear that black people are not treated to the same standard as white people. The same goes for any ethnic minority for that matter. White people are 5 times less likely to get arrested for committing the same crimes as black people even though they offend at roughly the same rate.

Racism has no place in football and if you want to express hate in place for joy then I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, we'd rather not have you. Go support Chelsea I'm sure you'd have a lot in common with the fans. 

Also what do you think are far left? Anything left of the nazis? Or just centrists? 

Well said mate. I'd only pick you up on one thing:

Racism has no place. Period.

• Like 2

My only issue with Premier League stance is this is something they have failed to act on over the years. Seems a quick and easy PR move by them but suppose any publicity is fine. 

I wonder will the FA be positive enough to punish all the weekly sectarian abuse James McClean receives 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Calm down there.

BLM have been encouraging violent riots. They have shown to be out of control at times. 

It's fine to support the black community despite not supporting BLM.

Says the Trump supporter!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So does that mean he isolates for a week or two weeks?

Report says 7 days.  

Report also says the players he played with from both sides don’t need to isolate though because contact wasnt sufficient to require them to isolate.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Report says 7 days.  

Report also says the players he played with from both sides don’t need to isolate though because contact wasnt sufficient to require them to isolate.

If he played then contact was certainly sufficient unless a bottlejob player like Downing 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

If he played then contact was certainly sufficient unless a bottlejob player like Downing 😂

My thoughts exactly but apparently not according to the PL special rules.

10 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

The Prem can shove it. Endorsing those far-left Representatives for Wellingborough Black Lies Matter is the last straw. No more f&*%s to give.

It was driven by Wes Morgan and gained momentum through the players 

They've endorsed kick it out for years 

Not sure what you're pissed about, the message or the organisation, I'd be willing to bet that a huge chunk of those who pushed for this don't know / don't care about the organisation, the message is the main thing, it's not a left wing thing either, politicising it and drawing lines creating sides is just a diversion tactic to move away from the message

If you are unsure that message is stop being a racist word removed 

If you can't get behind that then seek help 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was driven by Wes Morgan and gained momentum through the players 

They've endorsed kick it out for years 

Not sure what you're pissed about, the message or the organisation, I'd be willing to bet that a huge chunk of those who pushed for this don't know / don't care about the organisation, the message is the main thing, it's not a left wing thing either, politicising it and drawing lines creating sides is just a diversion tactic to move away from the message

If you are unsure that message is stop being a racist word removed 

If you can't get behind that then seek help 

Think he was referring to the BLM movement.

They have proved to be violent in numerous occasions.

Racism is sickening, but personally i am scared about the people in BLM. They are filled with hatred. Not saying all of them, but a lot of them are violent people, a lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

The Prem can shove it. Endorsing those far-left Representatives for Wellingborough Black Lies Matter is the last straw. No more f&*%s to give.

👋

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Racism is sickening, but personally i am scared about the people in BLM. They are filled with hatred. Not saying all of them, but a lot of them are violent people, a lot.

So many peaceful protests around the world and you'd rather just focus on the incidents of violence. Conveniently you now get to disengage from the whole thing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And now pull up more or less every equal rights movement in recent history and see how you've fallen for the same bullshit that they attached to them too

• Like 2