Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Interestng that we won the away game but lost the home game. Only a small example but makes you wonder if in a small way it suggests that home advantage might be lost without a crowd.

Seems like our stronger team with most of our main 11 played at Villa Park whilst our King Power team had 3 first 11 players (Vardy, Ndidi, Barnes) and the rest squad players/youth (from social media pictures of the matches)

Wouldn't take much from these anyway, from the footage of these friendlies it looks like a lot of players aren't putting in a lot serious effort, just using them to build up fitness

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't quite tell from that film who was in our line up - Trezeguet was the goalscorer, looks like Jota down the right hand side, I think Elmohamdy behind him. Is it Targett's ball in to Samatta for the back heel that sets it up? 

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Reckon there won't be a gathering of villa fans if we avoid relegation?

Sounds small minded but I'm convinced there would definitely be easily a hundred or more of our fan base that wouldn't be able to help themselves. Same with any club achieving anything. Increase/ decrease the number gathering based on the size of the achievement, the size of the fan base, and the general intelligence of the fans.

A liverpool title decider being played in southampton won't stop their fans gathering in huge numbers, it will just mean they'll be doing it in liverpool and Southampton 

Meeting up say in Brum city centre to celebrate just avoiding relegation would be pretty small time.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't quite tell from that film who was in our line up - Trezeguet was the goalscorer, looks like Jota down the right hand side, I think Elmohamdy behind him. Is it Targett's ball in to Samatta for the back heel that sets it up? 

Drinkwater started the game at the King Power

A few pictures here you could look at, not much good at noticing who Villa players are unfortunately! I think I spotted McGinn playing in the Villa Park game?

https://www.lcfc.com/galleries/1680100/joint-training-exercises-take-place-at-villa-park--king-power-stadium

• Like 2

I think players that thrive on confidence will do well under closed the doors. It’s almost like a training game atmosphere so those that do well in training may do ok in games.  I think players like Trez and Luiz will enjoy their football more without a crowd. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

One of our goals from today, nice bit of play 

No idea what the actual scores were but we played a game at Villa Park then another set of players played away at Leicester

Wonder how they got that footage and how much more of it there is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox1884 said:

Seems like our stronger team with most of our main 11 played at Villa Park whilst our King Power team had 3 first 11 players (Vardy, Ndidi, Barnes) and the rest squad players/youth (from social media pictures of the matches)

Wouldn't take much from these anyway, from the footage of these friendlies it looks like a lot of players aren't putting in a lot serious effort, just using them to build up fitness

From the photos of the King Power it looks like a few bench and reserves for Villa; Vassilev, Hourihane, El Mohamady, Davis, Nyland...anyone recognise our No. 5?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rough guess....

Looks like more of a first XI at Villa Park

Villa 0-1 Leicester

Hause
McGinn
Luiz
El Ghazi
Grealish
Samatta

Leicester 0-3 Villa

Nyland
Elmo
#5 Who the hell is this? Lansbury? Jack Clarke or Jake Walker maybe?
Mungo Bridge? - There's some very large hair at the back on that Trez goal.
Targett
Drinkwater
Hourihane
Jota
Trezeguet
Vassilev
Davis

3 hours ago, John said:

A 3-0 win and a 1-0 defeat. The results don't really matter, but we didn't get embarrassed after all, did we villalad21? 😉 

That embarrassment may come when it really matters.

Leicester GK looked extremely pissed at that goal when he kicked it back in net.

A good couple of results really but I wont get to optimistic until the game against sheffield is done. We better beat Sheff utd or I'm taking alot of flack, especially if the league cancel the season afterwards and it is sheff utd who relegate us, I'll never hear the end of it.

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

There’s a press release but it doesn’t say any detail, or even the scores.

Jack starting to look less like Beckham and more like Bale so that means were fine to stay up :thumb:

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Jack starting to look less like Beckham and more like Bale so that means were fine to stay up :thumb:

I think he looks more like Wolverine in that photo, so does that mean he’s going to make a couple of good films, followed by a few poor ones, and then an ok one?

excuse me wolverine GIF

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he looks more like Wolverine in that photo, so does that mean he’s going to make a couple of good films, followed by a few poor ones, and then an ok one?

excuse me wolverine GIF

Lets hope its more of

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47283761f7da07287341

and not

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479223f0ab623d881899

• Like 1
  • Haha 1