Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, nokesy said:

Good result for us? We can Potentially go 6 points clear of the bottom 3 Sunday if we beat wolves (and Southampton lose) 

It's actually the worst result that could happened, a draw would have been fantastic.

In the longer term, Watford have more potential than Norwich, even Soton or Newcastle. So as much as they keep losing points, the better for us.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Norwich the only promoted team not to invest in the summer so it’s no surprise they are the ones struggling the most. They will go down.

I also expect Sheffield United to hit a bit run of form sooner or later.

Thing with Sheffield is that their structure is about how to defend first. They're hard to beat. Actually hard to score against.

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Norwich the only promoted team not to invest in the summer so it’s no surprise they are the ones struggling the most. They will go down.

They might have a bad run at some point but I think they might finish above us, they have a better structure about them than we do, defend incredible well and just don't concede many goals haven't they had the most clean sheets this season so far? We play far more attractive football but at a price.

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Difference there is even in Norwich's decent start to the season they were still pretty much conceding two goals a game. Sheffield United is like a brick wall, incredible defensive stats for a newly promoted team and it's not like they just camp on their penalty box all game.

Norwich are like we were in the first 5-6 games, we have wised up since then, they haven't.

Norwich are a relegated team, they are this year's Cardiff.... Plucky but no where near up to the job. 

I believe Southampton look like a relegation team too, but still a bit early to call it.

Not sure about Watford, can Newcastle keep riding the wave of emotion. I'm surprised because I swear they aren't good enough but at the moment, my opinion looks silly.

You can't imagine Everton actually getting relegated, but stranger things have happened.

I am still very confident we will stay up but it won't be any walk in the park, we need to play well often enough to pick up the required points and I believe we will.

We haven't had a lot of luck this season so a nice chunk of it against Wolves would be nice.... 3 pts would be great, before yet another international break 😬

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What Chris Wilder has done at Sheff Utd is unreal. Very average players in that squad but he has come up with an unbelievable system that has excelled at every level. They'll be absolutely fine this season; he wont let them slack off. They leave it all out there every single week. I tip my hat to what theyre doing.

They are extremely defensively solid.

We play more expansive football but at a price.

Sheff United do not create that many chances and have been very clinical.  They certainly know how to defend but I think eventually that lack of quality will be telling. Whether it’s fatigue or even confidence.  They are 19th in shots stats with only the attacking maestro Bruce’s Newcastle having less.

A few defeats on the bounce and then let’s see how they cope.  Starting with today. 

Hats off to them though. Incredible start to the season.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 21:23, villalad21 said:

Don't think it will matter that much on Sunday.

I think this whole idea of players not being able to cope with 2 games in 4 days is non sense.

Back in the day teams played 40-50 games a season with a 15 player squad.

These are top fit athletes.

Back in the day they would play back to back home and away Christmas Day and Boxing Day. But men were men then, I bet there was no rolling around on the ground screaming after a little knock. It's about time players started playing in flat caps again I reckon. 

• Haha 1

Southampton-Everton will be an interesting one.

I think long term it will be better if Everton don't lose that. That said lost Gomes for the season and apparently Delph is big doubt so going to be only putting out a scratch central midfield and Southampton were only a few minutes from getting a point away to Man. City last week.

West Ham losing to Burnley would be good aswell. After the break they have Spurs and Arsenal at home and Chelsea and Wolves away, gone to pot since Fabianski got injured.

Watford winning not good for us .Think they have the potential to move out of relegation zone.

With so many top 6teams underperforming Manu,Spurs and Arsenal difficult to predict results.It would be better for us if we could guarantee they would beat our relegation rivals but it isn’t the case .Also teams like Bournemouth and Burnley are incredibly inconsistent.

Newcastle play Bournemouth at home and I’m not sure of the result.

We really need to string some results together and not rely on teams being worse than us.

• Like 1

If Norwich had have won we'd only be one point clear of relegation now, a draw would have been better, but them winning isn't bad for us, they might go on a run, but then Norwich might have gone on a run if they'd have won and found some confidence, need to stay as far away from the bottom three as possible.

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

CP so incredibly organized.

They are and a bit unfortunate to concede, Zaha needs to play in a good  side he's 27 tomorrow and needs a move to a top club to realise his potential.

Reece James looks a player wish we could produce 19 year olds like that!!