Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think they also got a lot of very average players. Ignoring Richarlison. Where is their quality? 

Sigurdsson, Delph, Coleman, Gbamin, Digne etc are all quality players. Iwobi is also a decent option despite his ridiculous price tag. It's up front and Central defence where they're weak, the most important positions. Moise Kean has yet to get going and then their only alternative is Calvert-Lewin who seems allergic to scoring.

Everton have two really important games coming up against Southampton (a) and Norwich (h), fail to get a decent haul from those and they could be in trouble, as in December they play Leicester (a), Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h), Man Utd (a), Arsenal (h), Burnley (h), Newcastle (a), and then on January 1st they're away to Man City.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sigurdsson, Delph, Coleman, Gbamin, Digne etc are all quality players. Iwobi is also a decent option despite his ridiculous price tag. It's up front and Central defence where they're weak, the most important positions. Moise Kean has yet to get going and then their only alternative is Calvert-Lewin who seems allergic to scoring.

I disagree on that. They aren't that good. 

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't believe how bad Kean has looked. Sure he's very young and always had a lot to do to adapt but he barely looks like a footballer. 2 in 3 for Italy, has to be better than this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

They're definitely better than 17th place.

Doesn't quite work like that. A lot of teams are everything from 10th-17th material. 

Take us an example. What players would you prefer from Everton's first 11 this season compared to ours? 

• Like 2

Most neutral fans would look at our team and say that only Mings, Grealish and McGinn would get anywhere near the Everton side. To other supporters our team is mostly made up of poor to average players. Everton have a squad that has finished in the top eight the last three seasons.

Edited by useless

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can't believe how bad Kean has looked. Sure he's very young and always had a lot to do to adapt but he barely looks like a footballer. 2 in 3 for Italy, has to be better than this. 

I think Silva is a fraud that stifles player development.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Doesn't quite work like that. A lot of teams are everything from 10th-17th material. 

Take us an example. What players would you prefer from Everton's first 11 this season compared to ours? 

The 2 fullbacks and Sigurdsson really. I honestly think we have one of the strongest squads in the bottom half, if not the strongest. We're just getting up to speed with PL.

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he just suits different tactics.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of planning behind Everton's recruitment. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Most neutral fans would look at our team and say that only Mings, Grealish and McGinn would get anywhere near the Everton side. To other supporters our team is mostly made up of poor to average players. Everton have a squad that has finished in the top eight the last three seasons.

Not surprised considering they’ve spent £500 million on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

It's not good Everton are down there.

When they inevitable picks up some form it means someone else have to take their place.

Why is it inevitable they will pick up form? There is always a team “too good to go down”

Everton (and Man Utd) are an example of not being a sum of their parts, and goes to show you need harmony: players, management and tactics all working together. 

We look much better and now need some results to validate our settling-in and quality emerging. But a lot of teams are in the same boat as us and it again looks like the middle ground below top 5/6 and the relegation basket cases is very very close: two wins you are knocking on the door of Europe, two losses and you are circling the drain.

I think we have the depth of squad, quality and improvement factor that will see us OK by 20-30 games, I also think we will not mess around in January and make some serious signings to give us the best chance.

Some teams around us will also improve, and other scenarios will unfold negatively for others. I thought Norwich would be the best promoted side but now I think they will struggle and can do little (£££) to improve themselves. I also thought Brighton would struggle but they look very decent. I think Burnley have the potential of losing momentum and struggling over the season. Newcastle: could go either way....

• Like 1