Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Well, we're back. A bit of pride wearing the shirt again. A Villa fan as manager, and a young starlet our captain. I'm excited for next season.

We'll be entertaining the likes of Man City and Liverpool in Villa Park again. We'll get thumped... but might steal a scalp against one or two.

Being realistic, we'll likely hover in the bottom-half of the table. The jump up in quality is huge, even in the years since we've dropped down. Finishing 14th or so will have to be considered a success. We could easily be a better side than your Norwiches, Brightons, Bournemouths, and so 11th-15th is a fair target. If Deano can push us a bit farther, up to the likes of West Ham, he'll have exceeded expectations IMHO.

I imagine we'll need at least two players who can get 10+ goals a season to survive. Tammy is one candidate, and Jack is another. It's vitally important we sign two serious players in midfield, and our full-backs are definitely our least proven position at the moment. Get that sorted, and sort out our loans, and we'll have a chance.

Anyway, here's to another year in claret and blue. Up the Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Spend record amounts of cash, nearly bankrupt yourself and gamble apparently . . . .

I dont dislike Villa, never did so yeah, congrats 😁

Come and join us, we both belong here UTV 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope we get something like Man City away first game. Get that out the way early.

I'm about 50/50 on getting a Season Ticket now. Oddly, I think I'd have been far more optimistic and would have brought one 100% if we'd stayed down. but as excited as I am about today, knowing this is the kind of game we have waiting for us. Eugh. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm about 50/50 on getting a Season Ticket now. Oddly, I think I'd have been far more optimistic and would have brought one 100% if we'd stayed down. but as excited as I am about today, knowing this is the kind of game we have waiting for us. Eugh. 

Yeah unfortunately it comes with the territory. Makes the wins all the more sweeter. Best way to look at the league table is to split it up and have our own mini league of games. 

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Difference to me is VP will be bouncing again in August. We were getting 40k for last 5-6 games so attendances will be very good next season given the opposition and feel good factor so completely different to the depressing last 4-5 seasons in the prem.

League is tough but important we do well at home.7-8 wins and around 30 points and we won't get relegated. Away will be tough but even likes of Chelsea and Arsenal don't win many games on the road.

I would sign up for somewhere like 14th. A nice no frills staying up season with hopefully players stepping up into prem. Then we can kick on for the next few years. Will starting caring about who our LB should be sometime in June. Now is the time to let today's result sink in.

Edited by VillaChris

We should start taking bets after which game the first VT post says something like "smith out"......I give it......some time during  pre season warm-up matches......

I am looking forward to August.

Getting up on Saturday morning, finishing up the bacon and eggs. Reading the VillaTalk comments. Finally some Premier League wingeing and whining about the club. None of this second tier stuff.

I am happy now. :)

Back where we should be.