• Adomah (Green 75)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 101)
    • Davis (Elmohamady 114)
    • Jedinak (Tuanzebe 120)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

not a great performance but non the less, i'm happy......

and so are the players...

Don't want to sound like a party pooper, but rather they saved the celebrations for after Wembley.. tonight means nothing if we fall at the final hurdle again.

• Sad 1

Thank **** no away goals in the play offs!  We were shite till Brunt got rightly sent off and then if not for a wonder save from Johnson we would have gone through in normal time.  Villa being Villa always take the hard way though to make us sweat!

Get in!!

Just now, Junxs said:

Don't want to sound like a party pooper, but rather they saved the celebrations for after Wembley.. tonight means nothing if we fall at the final hurdle again.

celebrate the moment....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Seeing as Abraham has been quite poor up front these last 2 games, and Kodjia has been on fire I'd swap the 2 around, Tammy still works hard and by his own admission his favourite position is on the wing.

Maybe not the best time to start experimenting but the right side is really dire at the moment.

Another option would be to put Elmo right wing and bring Hutton back in at RB, but I prefer my first suggestion.

Agree to this. Tammy certainly is enterprising, and I can recall at least one spectacular assist! (The one where he found Jack in front of goal)

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When your only attacking asset is long throws and corners you don’t belong in the Prem 

When your only sponsor around the entire ground is BOILERS - you don't belong in the prem. 

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well done to the team for dealing with the pressure of those Pens.,

OMG STFU Adomah.

Steer was fricking immense in those pens, what a hero.

If we play remotely like that vs Leeds, we will be screwed.

Im glad we got through, Steer was immense, the penalty takers were immense (apart form the idiot Adomah), but we need to be realistic and say Leeds will destroy us if we play like that at Wembley.

so ******* predictable....He needs to move on.

Edited by TRO

Still haven’t quite caught my breath. We were clearly poor tonight, struggled to work out how to cope with their high press and it seemed the only thing we could come up with was to pass it about for long enough to lump a high cross in for their three at the back to mop up. 

Im a bit “tired and emotional” now but I’m just delighted we are through. We are going to have to put a lot of work in to come up with a good plan for the final but I’m just delighted we are still in it. 

Jed Steer though - what a ledge. 

sing best singer GIF

That was without a doubt the most gruelling experience I think I e ever had.

Im never going to one again.

On the other hand, the end was incredible, and the celebrations with the players ( and did I spot Wes Edens there singing ?) and Coaches was unreal.

One hell of a night.

One more to go !

But that could never be as bad or as nerve wracking as tonight.

Up.

The

Villa.

• Like 3

I never thought we would get through that.....The clatter kings of the division.

do they do anything but clatter, its a wonder they had any players on the pitch....it nearly worked for them, but they was shockingly cynical.

The ref was a disgrace in allowing it.

justice was served.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I haven’t posted on VT all night but I feel I have to say this.

A lot of our players have massive penises and tight shorts.

you bin to spec savers.

• Like 1

I am so so happy Olbuyun are out.....They are a dirty bunch of wotsits, i have no idea outside of physicality what their plan was.

We made hard work of it granted.....but that was sheer cynical.

If we had scored their goal, it would have been ruled out....it was a planned clatter.

• Like 1

Â