• Adomah (Green 75)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 101)
    • Davis (Elmohamady 114)
    • Jedinak (Tuanzebe 120)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, MaVilla said:

i think the main issue with our performance was how static we were.

We passed left and right and there was no movement at all, numerous times there were 4 players standing near their 18 yeard box in a line, none of them moving or stretching their defence, we were so so static.

also when we had the ball out wide, both el ghazi and adomah seemed to want to stop the ball, stand there and think about things, there was no urgency or movement.

Yep, but that is also a direct consequence of them playing spectacularly deep, and doing it really rather well. We won’t be up against anything like that at Wembley.

Normally, however, teams set up like that against us at their peril (ask Boro fans). We almost always find openings. That West Brom managed to hold on today is testament to their defensive qualities, but also us being nowhere near our best. 

Amazing saves by Steer.  McGinn amazing again.  Winning the penalties will give them a huge lift for the final.

When Adomah missed the pen it looked like JT said to Elmo, "That'll be the last kick he takes".   He's pedestrian, creates nothing and has got that same look as N'zogbia look on his face all the time.

Abraham was below average tonight imo.  He needs to pick up his game for the final

At half time, I was sure we were going to lose that.  Relieved, but we need to step up for next week.  Very unconvincing performance, even allowing that they were thuggish,  negative, very defensive, and therefore not easy to play.

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

****:

aLBERT aDOMAH

aNDRE aNREEN

STEVE bRUCE

My ceiuling

Up: 

the Vill

JEEd Steeer

TammyAbrhram

Jimmyu Danger

Dean Smithj

super Jack Grealish

Sbhut on the city. 

I thought this was a Dem post

21 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Agree, but trouble is green did nothing either.. We are practically missing a right wing.. 

Maybe start kodja there? What else can we do? 

Seeing as Abraham has been quite poor up front these last 2 games, and Kodjia has been on fire I'd swap the 2 around, Tammy still works hard and by his own admission his favourite position is on the wing.

Maybe not the best time to start experimenting but the right side is really dire at the moment.

Another option would be to put Elmo right wing and bring Hutton back in at RB, but I prefer my first suggestion.

• Like 1

Thank god we beat those dirty Baggie scumbags. We were woeful though and need to be much better at Wembley. Steer man of the match by far with two massive penalty saves. 

McGinn, Grealish, Tammy all played within themselves and seemed to let the occasion get to them. We've got one more game that we absolutely must win so hopefully our key players play out of their skin for the final and give it one more push to get us to the promised land. I genuinely feel if everyone in the team plays to their maximum we can do it, but we have to be much better than tonight.

• Like 1

Relieved more than anything, we need to show up and play so much better in the final. Couldn't understand the nerves and how laboured we were, over both legs tbf.

Let's finish the job. UTV!

Although Steer will get man of the match I thought Mings was good today. Some of those defensive headers were crucial. Mcginn also gave everything too. 

We were so nervy at times though.  It’s easy to forget this type of situation is relatively new for the likes of Steer, Axel and Mcginn.

Hopefully getting through this pressure game will help the players be more confident for Wembley. 

• Like 1

When your only attacking asset is long throws and corners you don’t belong in the Prem , so right result over the 2 legs

that ref should have his bank account checked for bribe money as he was clearly bent , Brunt should have gone much earlier than he did and he missed so many clear incidents , surprised he didn’t rule out Tammy’s pen for offside he was that bad 

We need to sign Mings  and Axel ASAP regardless of what devision ... alas easier said than done 

We were dreadful, played without any sort of cutting edge and our midfield trio which on paper has to be one of the best in the league was completely nullified. Really hope it gives them a kick up the backside before Wembley. Please show up for the final Villa, I can’t take another final where we just roll over.

That was a poor performance from us tonight, but West Brom got absolutely everything they deserved over the two legs. They never threatened except for scraps and the odd set piece, and had no intention of playing football in 210 minutes against a team that finished below them in the league. The final (presumably against Leeds) will be an entirely different game, and I am much less confident after today than I was before, but we are there! 

• Like 1

Â