Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 22:59

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

The players' names will be added to the poll when a mod gets chance.

Meh.

If nothing else, it takes the unbeaten run "monkey" off our backs, if there's such a thing. Less pressure in a small way.

We go again.

• Like 3

Weird game. Despite Norwich needing something to secure 1st place, it felt very much like a friendly.

2 disappointing goals to concede, I think, but considering we rested most of our better players, that wasn't such a bad performance. 

• Like 2

Not concerned at all...  We were missing 4 key players and played the liability that is Hutton.  Solid performance by our entire team and we dominated most of the match.  It just shows how much cohesion and desire is flowing through our entire team right now.  

Have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be us and Derby in the playoff final.  Leeds look shambolic and Derby are playing very well recently.  

I gave man of the match to Hutton only because it may be his final game in a Villa shirt

Here we go into the play offs with a far better team than last time . Me and the lad got our train tickets to London before we even got tickets for the semi 

Edited by Robtaylor200

Nothing game. Enough chances for both teams for the result to go either way. Fair play to Norwich and their season. Looking forward to the playoffs now!

Thought a 2nd string team did well against a team that has won the division..could have been a draw or even nicked it. We looked well drilled and organised.

Lansbury was spraying the passes around nicely so positives to take out the game

• Like 1

Norwich late goal, shock.

Played well enough with a mishmash team which is a good sign, really like Keinan- such a handful. Kodj, Green and Hourihane all played well.

We know what we have to do. Am going to be very confident until next Saturdays opening exchanges play out. 

Quite happy to see how well our second string did against Norwich, bar the first ten minutes. Might easily have won this. Bring on the qualifiers, UTV!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I gave man of the match to Hutton only because it may be his final game in a Villa shirt

Here we go into the play offs with a far better team than last time . Me and the lad got our train tickets to London before we even got tickets for the semi 

Me too! Couldn't think of anyone else deserving anyway.

Nothing game for us. Congrats to Norwich, worthy champions, the best team throughout.

Poor, poor defeats for Boggies (plus a red, if only Robson Kanu), and Leeds. Leeds definitely a stronger team than Derby, but Derby have the momentum and the sense of injustice from spygate. Interesting few weeks ahead! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Pretty high chance I'll be on a flight to the US so will miss all of it 🥺

• Sad 1

6 first choice players missing against a Norwich team playing for the title. Could have gone either way but not too disappointed as Albion and Leeds lost too so momentum going into the play offs is with us.

We had six potential starters missing from our starting line up today - Grealish, McGinn, Mings, El Ghazi, Elmo and Abraham and Norwich were up against it for most of the game. We had enough chances to win but it's not the end of the world, seeing West Brom lose today with a strong team and have a player get a straight red fills me with hope going into next Saturday's match. 

• Like 2

In spite of having our second string on, I hoped we wouldn't lose. Therefore, the end put a bit of a dampener on it. First half was enjoyable, but the second was somewhat duller.

• Like 1

Â