Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 22:59

End of season games are always a bit weird but full credit to Norwich for finishing the job with a win. They could so easily have been mentally on their hols.

Slightly downbeat way to end it at VP but we have a couple of chances to pick things up in the next few days 😀.

The main plus for me from this is the apparent recovery in form for Kodjia. Good to see he is back in goal scoring form and seems a bit more of a team player these days.

Bring on the Baggies!

I thought it was a good game of football, Norwich are a good footballing side, Farke is an astute manager at this level. Vrancic, Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey impressed me for them. We need to dust ourselves down and hope this defeat doesn’t affect our play off charge. In my opinion, they were the best team that we have faced all season and deservedly go up as champions. For us, I thought Whelan was steady in the middle of the park. Lansbury showed flashes of quality too. I expect a lot of players to leave in the Summer regardless of what division we’re in. Most of our squad is quite old and needs to be shipped out, we need an influx of youth I think. We have already started that with the purchase of Guilbert. I think we have the right  man in charge, he just needs time. 

I think Norwich were distinctly average. and a fully motivated Villa should have steam rollered them. We looked like we couldn't be arsed from the off. norwich came out with determination and Villa looked like they were in marbs. When we woke up we looked very dangerous.

Thought Admomah grafted hard, Lansbury played really well he should of got the whole 90mins. Green had loads of ball but did nothing but look for the easy ball square. Jimmy Danger was quality again jinking past about 3 men.

I wish I hadn't have bothered going today I could have painted my nans shed.  watching norwich giving it the big un with that trophy has pissed me off for the day.

It was a decent open ended game. We had a reserve team out and went toe-to-toe with the best team in the division.  I thought Taylor had a good game, Hutton not so good. We certainly missed the drive of McGinn, the organisation of Mings, and the genius of Grealish. No injuries and lets move on to next week. 

Congrats to Norwich. I don't want to sound churlish but I think they may struggle next season unless they invest significantly. Not even close to Wolves last year, or even Newcastle the year before. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Man alive, if they ever make. Joe 90 movie, Glen Whelans son should be a shoe in. 

• Haha 1

I was very happy with the line up, exactly like I had wanted it. Rested the key players but didn't disrupt the system to much.

I think we played well and deserved at least a draw. It's so good to see that we now have a functioning system, a style of play that new players slot into.

I dont like loosing of course, but this feels like an ok soft landing after our increadible winning streak. It had to end sometime and better that is now. Now we can regroup with rested players, take encouragement from the performance and go into the play offs.

• Like 1

Disappointed to lose. Only because it would have been nice to stay invested going into the playoffs. 

But the most important thing was giving Grealish, McGinn and Mings the afternoon off so all are fit for next week. And hopefully Abraham will be back for the first leg. 

Congrats to Norwich, deserved champions.

In general I think they have the opposite to us.....good flank men, full backs and Wingers.....Where we are weaker in those area's, but stronger centrally....fix that and we would go up AUTO.

Had the pleasure of taking the steps up the Holte today. 

Not gonna make an essay out of it. But three things stood out. 

1) Hause is ridiculously one-footed. 

2) We would have won that with a full strength team. I don't fear anyone atm. 

3) Whelan does a lot of positional instructions you don't pick up on TV. 

Oh and Norwich fans are shite. If that was Villa guaranteed promoted away it would be non-stop singing. 

• Like 2

good that we kept the system going despite a host of changes. Wide play is a worry for me though - El Ghazi is probably the best, but he blows very hot and cold. Next is albert - he has been poor for a while - but does have the odd goal in him - Green I thought took up lots of promising positions today, but mostly made the wrong choice, or got caught in possession - El Ghazi and albert start v wba for me. 

Â