Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 22:59

Thought it was a decent performance considering the changes to the line-up. After 5 minutes I thought we were going to get tonked 5-0. Thought a draw would be a fair result overall but can't begrudge Norwich. Deserved champions.

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Man alive, if they ever make. Joe 90 movie, Glen Whelans son should be a shoe in. 

Yes, I hear he is a clever lad. Nice bit on twitter from Glen's wife thanking the fans for their support of her husband. The family clearly enjoyed their day.  

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:31, foreveryoung said:

I'll be in Zante for 2nd play off. Always great to watch on hols, hopefully already be won.

Me and Mrs T will be in Prague for the second leg. Mrs T defo against going to a rowdy pub to watch it as she says we are for sight seeing and take in the beauty. Can there be anything more beautiful than beating the Baggies and going to Wembley. Txt update from back home  

• Like 1

Good to see the Norwich fans celebrating they do play pretty good football they were the most consistent team over the season, its a shame that Villa forgot that Norwich normally score their winning goals in the last 5 mins....... but its easy to support your team when they are winning or have won something. I watched that game with envy at the Norwich fans not having to go through the ordeal of play offs....

Chatting to some Norwich fans on the way to the ground (great we can do this now compared to the 1970's and 80's), they were of course really happy to be going up, but told me many of their fans would have preferred to have stayed in the Championship as its more exciting there and more evenly matched teams.

I do empathise with them, as other than in the top 6 in the premiership all other teams are fighting for the magical 40 points to survive another season. Yes its the access to stupid money etc which seems to be all the Premiership is about where a measure of success appears be a 1-1 draw at Manchester City. No one outside the UK is really that interested in Wet Spam, Brighton, Everton or Watford are they? I am fortunate to travel to other Countries in my work and I can assure you that only the usual top 6 are of interest to most footy fans outside the UK, and I am sure that Sky and and the ridiculous FPP rules intends to keep it that way...

Regards to all

Derek

• Like 1

Â