Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 22:59

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Pretty high chance I'll be on a flight to the US so will miss all of it 🥺

I was on a flight to DC a couple of years ago when we were playing (in an admittedly much less important game) and it's a pretty weird feeling to not have a clue how we've done and then have to find out suddenly.

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to start Davis if Abraham remains out now..

For anyone who didn't see it, the quality from both teams was there, despite people saying that it was a friendly-esque affair.

They fielded their best XI because they wanted to go up as champions, and until their second goal the game was contested.

Just now, Mantis said:

I was on a flight to DC a couple of years ago when we were playing (in an admittedly much less important game) and it's a pretty weird feeling to not have a clue how we've done and then have to find out suddenly.

If anything it's less stressful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

For anyone who didn't see it, the quality from both teams was there, despite people saying that it was a friendly-esque affair.

They fielded their best XI because they wanted to go up as champions, and until their second goal the game was contested.

Abraham is fit - relax and enjoy the ride to promotion 👍

• Thanks 1

I hate to lose, so I'm a bit disappointed. But if we should lose one game, this was the one. Still, 6 players missing out. We'll be a whole different team on Saturday. Now the real nervousity begins.

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I don’t really get this point of view. I like Davis, but he has 2 goals from 39 games in the league. He’s strong and offers something different but Kodjia has now scored 3 in 4 and looking like he is coming back into something like his best form.

• Like 2

Five major players for us didn't play yet taht was Norwich's best side and we marched them not bothered. 

Bring on the boggies let's get our revenge for that cheat rodriguez

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I don’t really get this point of view. I like Davis, but he has 2 goals from 39 games in the league. He’s strong and offers something different but Kodjia has now scored 3 in 4 and looking like he is coming back into something like his best form.

It's a tough one and on balance, I probably just about agree, but Davis does a hell of a lot more work by hassling opponents and bringing others into the play. He's also a lot less clumsy than Kodj. I really wish he would just score because he's capable of being very good I think.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

Would have won with our full team, sure about that, Hourihane stepped up nicely and Wheelo nearly scored a worldie with the outside of his boot!

Nice that Kodjia is on a bit of form: 3 from last 4 is exactly what we want from our back striker. Thought Green looked good too, improv in all the time, if he continues he could be quite a useful player for us. 

Farewell Alan Hutton, quite an eventful Villa career all told, our very own zombie returning from the dead several times, however it was plain to see today why we were conceding so many goals in the first half of the season! Thanks for the memories, one very special one, if nothing else you have an abundance of spirit and determination.

• Like 3

Nice time to have a full-ish squad to pick from. No injuries picked up, no suspensions. Job well done.

Kodjia and Adomah linked up well today. Hourihane and Whelan did fine. Lansbury a bit off the pace but got some minutes in. Green had his moments.

As someone else said first half was lively, second half a bit flat.

Also, well done Norwich. Few people would have picked them at the start of the season. Good job done by Farke.

We should take great heart from this. 

Rested our  best striker, 3 best midfielders and best defender and still matched the champions elect in every way bar ruthlessness in front of goal. 

I can say with some confidence I think that our full team would have won today at a canter.  Tammy would probably have got at least 2 or 3. Looking at the results for The Baggies and Leeds today who will be very worried about their form I think, we can go into the playoffs in a positive frame of mind. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Kodjia and Adomah linked up well. Lansbury played nicely. I felt we were the better team for most of the second half. They showed more quality in the areas that mattered but considering we have a rest to arguably our best five players I felt we gave the champions a decent game.

Even better to come out if the ground and hear Leeds and the Baggies lost too. Well done to Norwich, hope we join them in a couple of weeks! Roll on Saturday!

• Like 2

Â