Cup Final Five of Eight. Build Up.

Don_Simon

My most vivid memory of Bolton was seeing Francis Muemba having a heart attack on the field. This club has gone through some really tough times.

Despite feeling confident for the win, I do have sympathy for Bolton. They deserve better, and hopefully, they can bounce back.

2 hours ago, Stevomanila said:

Ah he just wrote back..for those interested he reckons between March and Sept of 1897..we won 11 on the bounce..inc 9 league wins and 2 cup wins..all that matters today of course is 3 pts but still it would be an impressive record to match...

I got an email from Villa and apparently it was the 1910/11 season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

3-0 Villa win.

Feel for the Bolton fans. Not nice to see a club ruined.

You’re quite right.

It’s a much bigger issue than just today’s game, but all of this ruination of Bolton has happened within the current climate of FFP... so if the rules don’t prevent this kind of thing, what’s the point of them? Either need better rules, or accept that it’s a risk that all football clubs face; as unfortunate as it all is. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Please don’t make a mess of this today Villa. This should be our easiest game of the season... 

That a exactly how we lose games like this.

Never assume a game is easy, any team can beat any team at this level if one of the teams isn't putting the effort in because they expect it to be a walk in the park.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, blobbyrob said:

Couldn't get tickets for this so me & my brother have paid £85 each for hospitality with a meal included. Can't wait.

Wonder what flavour cup a soup you will be dining on?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Parkinson has all but accepted relegation given their position and said fringe players will get a chance tomorrow. No reason for us not to add a few onto the GD really

5-0 Villa

In before they realise they have a couple of gems in their ranks and they turn us over. 😮  

3 hours ago, Stevomanila said:

Ah he just wrote back..for those interested he reckons between March and Sept of 1897..we won 11 on the bounce..inc 9 league wins and 2 cup wins..all that matters today of course is 3 pts but still it would be an impressive record to match...

Great stuff

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I got an email from Villa and apparently it was the 1910/11 season!

The OS has spoken :)

That would equal a sequence of victories we last managed in the 1910/11 campaign – between October-December 1910. Here’s to matching that today.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb9b545625531744d

• Like 1

If you were Tammy, you'd be rubbing your hands together and expecting good service whilst also making sure to take your chances today to boost your numbers and get closer to the 30 mark.

Make it so Tammy! 

No complacency today - we need to turn up fully motivated and get this game won. We need to treat this game like we would treat the Leeds and Norwich games and put Bolton to the sword, even though I do have some sympathy for their plight. 

Would go with this team today:

....................................Steer......................................

Elmo............Tuanzebe............Mings............Taylor 

..................................Hourihane...............................

..................McGinn.....................Grealish................

Adomah.....................................................El Ghazi

....................................Tammy.................................

Fingers crossed McGinn doesn't get booked.

If we play them 20 times, we probably win 19. Only complacency can stop us, really, and I don’t expect that from this Villa team. 

Play full strength, spare nothing, and attack them from the word go. 

I’m greedily expecting Jack and Anwar to put on a bit of a show.