Cup Final Five of Eight. Build Up.

Don_Simon

20 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I’d rather us play it, I don’t want to disturb our momentum. It’s why nobody likes international breaks.

I do, all the best players from their respective countries come together, nothing better

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I do, all the best players from their respective countries come together, nothing better

Aside from the disturbance at club level, I think they’re terribly boring. Outside of tournaments the few good teams rarely play anybody decent in the qualifiers. I don’t care what anybody says, it’s not fun watching Spain put 10 past San Marino.

Edit: Your statement itself is perfect, and I completely agree with it when it comes to tournaments.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AVTuco said:

After all the shit in Bolton there's no way we're not winning this.

Most times over the last 10 years, I'd bet my house on Villa bottling it to  break an almost-defunct team to get a nice little bounce. It'd just be typical.

Not now though. 

11 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Parkinson has all but accepted relegation given their position and said fringe players will get a chance tomorrow. 

I hate this, I now cannot think of anything other than a win, I've never been more sure and it would be 9 in a row equalling the record and send us on our way to play-offs. 

IT HAS TO GO WRONG, SOMEHOW. I'm saying season ending injury to McGinn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Stevomanila said:

Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere...when was the last time we won 9 in a row? Cheers 

Something like 1975 was it? Someone else posted the deets in another thread but I think it was then.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Something like 1975 was it? Someone else posted the deets in another thread but I think it was then.

I think that was the last time we did 8 in a row..was curious about 9...asked my cousin who tends to know these kinds of things and he said he thought it might be as far back as 1890 spanning 2 seasons?!..

• Like 1

Ah he just wrote back..for those interested he reckons between March and Sept of 1897..we won 11 on the bounce..inc 9 league wins and 2 cup wins..all that matters today of course is 3 pts but still it would be an impressive record to match...

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Stevomanila said:

Ah he just wrote back..for those interested he reckons between March and Sept of 1897..we won 11 on the bounce..inc 9 league wins and 2 cup wins..all that matters today of course is 3 pts but still it would be an impressive record to match...

Amazing! Come on Villa!

I don't think I have ever felt so confident for a Villa win for yonks.

Good Friday for us, Bad Friday for Bolton.

Can’t let complacency become and issue. In the past these are the kinds of games that cause us trouble.

I expect a physical game from Bolton and they’ll try to stifle us from playing how we want to play. I expect a few yellows and a red card today.

19 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Can’t let complacency become and issue. In the past these are the kinds of games that cause us trouble.

I expect a physical game from Bolton and they’ll try to stifle us from playing how we want to play. I expect a few yellows and a red card today.

All for John McGinn?