Cup Final Five of Eight. Build Up.

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Play the full strength team.

McGinn plays until he gets another booking. Then he can be rested.

For now get the points on the board.

Absolutely.  We can look at the situation after Bolton.  Get the points on the board first.

• Like 4

It seems as though a takeover has been agreed in principle for Bolton.  Ex-Watford owner Bassini, who no-one has much good to say about.  But it should keep them going in the short term.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

This statement has just been released by Bolton's owner.  I've never heard from him before, but on the basis of this post, he's an asshole.  It's everyone elses fault and he's been terribly treated.

I dunno, has he been romantically nourished?

In relation to the game, I am not sure what to make of any possible postponement/abandonment. I suspect given that the takeover is going through they will try and fudge it and get the game on. 

Let's just get the game won and move onto Millwall. 

41 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I suspect given that the takeover is going through they will try and fudge it and get the game on.

Yeah and the players get paid on the day too.  A little boost we didn't need :P 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Not yet confirmed but Laurence Bassini has now taken over Bolton with just the EFL approval to come. All debts are to be repaid.

I would imagine the game will be confirmed tomorrow.

This guy reminds me of a certain former CEO. 

Game better be on!  If it wasn’t I wonder when they’d move it too. 

Given how much they've conceded this season and how many we have scored if we don't win this one it'll be down to complete and utter mental capitulation (don't see it, not this time) or some incredible bad luck.

Mystic Meg time...

Win the next 2 - we're on 75 points, with Leeds (A) and Norwich (H) to come. Leeds will be very hard as they will need to win to stay in the automatic promotion picture but Norwich will likely be Champs by the last game, which will probably help.
This would mean that only Bristol, Derby and Boro can finish ahead of us out of the chasing pack. 

Bristol are on 65 points and have to play Reading (H); Sheff Wed (A); Derby (H); Millwall (A); Hull (A) - WDWWW - 78 points? But could easily be quite a few less.

Derby are on 65 points and have to play SHA (A - hope they've had their inoculations); QPR (H); Bristol (A); Swansea (A); WBA (H) - WWLDW - 75 points? 

Boro are on 64 points and have to play Stoke (H); Forest (A); Reading (H); Rotherham (A) - even if they win all of those, it's only 76 points, and I'm sure they'll cock up.

If we win the next 2 - we might already have enough to secure the play-offs. 
We have to play our best team and win these games - it will raise the pressure on the other sides massively and anything other than a win might mean having to beat Leeds and/or Norwich.

I also think tomorrow is the opportunity to put our goal difference out of reach of the others - we're +19 at present; the other are either +8 or +9.