Cup final two of eight : pre chat the return of fistface

Demitri_C

I guess we can start calling him fistface again? Big game this one real big. Bruce will be out to try get one over us. We know his teams are solid at home but hopefully smith can tactically outclass him again like he did every time against Brentford 

hard one to call this one.

• Like 1

He'll send them out to kick Grealish out the game. It's all he knows.

We should have enough but this will have a real derby atmosphere.

Need Tammy to start tucking away some of these easy chances.

I'd take a repeat of last season's result up there but I think this will be a tough game.  I'd actually be fairly happy with a point at Hillsbrough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

As long as we put wor boots on

giphy.gif

I'd love to this the real one of these.

The 2 bottles on the inside of his legs have got comedy gold written all over them!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Considering Bruce's Villa team's always got outplayed by Smith's Brentford I fully expect this to be 0-0 

The situation we are in this result would not be that bad with Bristol City playing Middlesbro.

The key thing for us is not to lose, Which i dont think we will.

A lots being made of Bruce not losing a game yet, but theyve only played 2 team in the top 10 of the table since he took over (won neither)

In fact hes only won 4 from 11, thats a 36% win record playing mostly teams in the bottom half - yes its a decent start for him, but not as good as it's being made out to be by the media.

16 minutes ago, Junxs said:

A lots being made of Bruce not losing a game yet, but theyve only played 2 team in the top 10 of the table since he took over (won neither)

In fact hes only won 4 from 11, thats a 36% win record playing mostly teams in the bottom half - yes its a decent start for him, but not as good as it's being made out to be by the media.

It’s 5 in 11 for them since he took over in fairness (Ipswich, Swansea, Brentford, Bolton and Blackburn).

But you’re right, he’s clearly made them harder to beat but with the exception of an out of sorts Derby and Sheff Utd they haven’t faced too many clubs in the top half of the table. 

To put those 5 wins in 11 games in some sort of context, the 11 games prior to Bruce taking over Wednesday won 4 of them. So harder to beat obviously but how much more of a threat they are is up for debate.

It’ll be a tricky one, this and the Bristol City game are the games I’m unsure of the most. But if we play the way we have been, I fancy our chances.

• Like 1

Sheff Wed will likely play deep and close the space. Not look to press and let us play in front of them. We will have to be on our game in terms of keeping possession as they will be looking to counter attack at any opportunity. If we score first I think we will win comfortably. Otherwise could see a frustrating 0-0. They’ve had 4 0-0’s out of 11 games since Bruce took over.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2019 at 08:52, Kingman said:

Considering Bruce's Villa team's always got outplayed by Smith's Brentford I fully expect this to be 0-0 

Quite possibly.  Although they outplayed us, they didn't actually beat us at VP.

We need to start quickly and score early to set the tone. If we let Shef sit back and dictate the pace they could be hard to break down. That being said Tony P's Middlesborough tried this and got taught a lesson! I just hope Tammy has his shooting boots on this week as I feel like he misses 2 good chances every week, which would make life much more comfortable for us.

16 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s 5 in 11 for them since he took over in fairness (Ipswich, Swansea, Brentford, Bolton and Blackburn).

But you’re right, he’s clearly made them harder to beat but with the exception of an out of sorts Derby and Sheff Utd they haven’t faced too many clubs in the top half of the table. 

To put those 5 wins in 11 games in some sort of context, the 11 games prior to Bruce taking over Wednesday won 4 of them. So harder to beat obviously but how much more of a threat they are is up for debate.

It’ll be a tricky one, this and the Bristol City game are the games I’m unsure of the most. But if we play the way we have been, I fancy our chances.

Ah, my bad.. miscounted.

Still, like you say, the point stands that they haven't beaten anyone decent yet.