Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

On 19/03/2019 at 22:38, Keyblade said:

I don't know that there even is a Kappa template. Probably, but most of the teams I've seen have individual shirts. Look at Leeds' 3 shirts this season for example. Would love a crazy one like their third shirt.

Careful what you wish for ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

The new Kappa Bari kits are not exactly inspiring if this is what we can expect...?

Please let it be Puma! I couldnt bring myself to buy a Kappa shirt at 40+ years of age!

kappa-bari-2018-19-kits (3).jpg

I don’t think Puma is much better for the “big boned”...

• Like 1

i can deal with the trauma of which size puma top to buy in the shop whilst i peruse. If its a Kappa shirt i cant even imagine i will even be in the club shop in the first place looking at those Bari efforts.

Yes the recent Napoli & Tunisia shirts have been somewhere between ok & good, but those are the only kits seen from them that have been any good since Barcelona in the 90's.

Aren't we linked to Adidas through Nassef Sawiris? Wouldn't the brand deal be a good option to pour tons of money in to the club and help with FFP? (I have no clue about finance or FFP if you haven't noticed already).

Oh and I'd hate it if the club signs a deal with with Puma, Kappa, Macron etc. I really dislike the clothing from all of those brands.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

if you take the white Bari shirt, change the sponsor, change the red to claret and put a Nike tick on it, I think there would be much more love towards it.

I don't get the hate for Kappa, I think the Napoli stuff is great.

Recently got the away kit with Jack on the back and I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous. Really pleasantly surprised at how good the materials are...dare I say better than the Under Armour kits (I have the 16/17 one).

And to think I thought it was the worst of the 3 and got it first just to check the size. Got a home shirt on the way and I can barely contain my excitement. Gonna get a McGinn third shirt next month and Villa are gonna have me looking fresh as all hell this summer (as well as emptying my pockets).

Really hope whoever we get next season that Luke is still designing the kits. Having a Villa fan designing the kits is great as you get nice little nods to history like this year's home shirt. It introduced me to the absolute beauty that the 1983-85 kit was and the history that went with it.

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Recently got the away kit with Jack on the back and I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous. Really pleasantly surprised at how good the materials are...dare I say better than the Under Armour kits (I have the 16/17 one).

And to think I thought it was the worst of the 3 and got it first just to check the size. Got a home shirt on the way and I can barely contain my excitement. Gonna get a McGinn third shirt next month and Villa are gonna have me looking fresh as all hell this summer (as well as emptying my pockets).

Really hope whoever we get next season that Luke is still designing the kits. Having a Villa fan designing the kits is great as you get nice little nods to history like this year's home shirt. It introduced me to the absolute beauty that the 1983-85 kit was and the history that went with it.

The “history” that goes with it, ironically, is that was the start of an era of kits which trashed our history (culminating in the abominable first Hummel kit) and it coincided with the mediocre phase of the crash from Rotterdam to relegation in only 5 years.

Edit: for the record, I quite like the 83-85 shirt provided it wasn’t worn with claret shorts.  And, despite being a traditionalist, I really like this year’s kit.

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The “history” that goes with it, ironically, is that was the start of an era of kits which trashed our history (culminating in the abominable first Hummel kit) and it coincided with the mediocre phase of the crash from Rotterdam to relegation in only 5 years.

Yeah, it's a bit of an obscure era and one to largely forget but it's always interesting to know about. Also those Hummel shirts from the late 80's were just awful :lol:

Â