Match Thread: Villa v Derby

limpid

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Jack back and we play wonderful football once again, that first half was a truly joy to watch!

It's interesting that Jack comes back and we start playing it out from the back again, and playing one and two touch. It's like Smith didn't fancy trying it without Jack in the team? 

Just had to go and double check the score on BBC. I thought VT had been hacked.

Wow, what a great first half, welcome back Jack. With a defence behind him now, hopefully we can build from here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So I have £1 at 33/1 to win 4:1

only being offered £4.54 to cash out. But are they going to have a shot at us, will we score again

what would you do ?

£4.54 is an insult.....

in it to win it....although you probably wont as surely there's more goals in this game

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So I have £1 at 33/1 to win 4:1

only being offered £4.54 to cash out. But are they going to have a shot at us, will we score again

what would you do ?

Depends how desperate you are for a fiver but me, I'd let it carry on mate and enjoy sacrificing a fiver for the beautiful feeling of a 7-0 Villa win! In fact, why not cash out and put it all on a 7-0 win? 

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for your loss should the final result not be 7-0 Aston Villa ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well something has changed.

All eleven players playing well, really well in fact.

Can’t just be Grealish returning surely?!

He offers a lot, but if you think about it we've not just been without Jack we've been without everyone in the squad who's supposed to do a job there, Lansbury and Carroll were the next in line. Maybe Smith thought without someone to play that role he had to change away from his preferred game. This performance is a world away from how we were playing tactically (and performance wise, but poss related). We're not in a hurry to go long if it's not on, playing little triangles, one and two touch stuff.... 

Maybe they thought they couldn't do that without anybody to play that role. Don't get me wrong, Jack is different class there, but it can't just be Jack.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t just be Grealish returning surely?!

It is.

This is the effect he has on players like Hourihane who transform around him.

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It's interesting that Jack comes back and we start playing it out from the back again, and playing one and two touch. It's like Smith didn't fancy trying it without Jack in the team? 

I think it's simple, we have no other who collects the ball like Jack, we tried to play that way but had Hourihane there who simly can't collect and keep the ball the same way, and no one else either.

• Like 1

There's no like-for-like replacement for Jack in the squad, so him being out disrupts everything tactically. Hourihane doesn't like being the focus of the opposition press... when Jack's in the team, he gets more time on the ball to use his obvious talents. The whole thing just comes together better.

Should also point out:

• Bristol City losing 1-0 to Preston
  • SHA losing 1-0 to Hull
  • Forest losing 1-0 to Stoke

If these results stick then we are right back in the mix for 6th place.

• Like 1