Hobbies

Chindie

MqY5LMV.jpg

A little different to the usual Gundam kit, but a great build nonetheless.

Going to be a bastard to paint though. Bandai have some black magic way of moulding multiple colours of plastic together ona  single piece, which they've long used for things like articulated hands. Usually it's not a big deal but on this, they've done it in places that are going to be nightmare to mask - the green band above the elbow for instance, is a single piece with a black stripe moulded into it. The eyes are similar, but given the shapres involved are even more of a nightmare to mask.

But, overall, it's bloody good.

• Like 2

On 04/01/2021 at 01:37, Big Salad said:

Anyone else collect Funko Pop figures? I have all the ones from  The Office(US), South Park,and Always Sunny in Philadelphia.Just need to get the Roy Batty one and will have all from Blade Runner as well.

Also have some others not part of a series,favorite being my Hannibal Lecter one

I have one. Hope to double that figure when I have moved. The one I have is Johnny Cash, hoping to buy the Willie Nelson one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have one. Hope to double that figure when I have moved. The one I have is Johnny Cash, hoping to buy the Willie Nelson one. 

Is the Shakin’ Stevens one in your avatar not yours?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

MqY5LMV.jpg

A little different to the usual Gundam kit, but a great build nonetheless.

Going to be a bastard to paint though. Bandai have some black magic way of moulding multiple colours of plastic together ona  single piece, which they've long used for things like articulated hands. Usually it's not a big deal but on this, they've done it in places that are going to be nightmare to mask - the green band above the elbow for instance, is a single piece with a black stripe moulded into it. The eyes are similar, but given the shapres involved are even more of a nightmare to mask.

But, overall, it's bloody good.

Unit-01 😍

• Like 1

Retro gaming is my addiction at the mo. Not too retro, I think GameCube/Xbox era is as far back as I want to go and I’m terrified that that generation is now classed as retro 😳. I’m that far down the rabbit hole that I’m looking at £100 pound GameCube hdmi adapters and trying to justify to myself why that would be a sensible use of money. Been fun collecting all the old games I used to have though. Got two floor to ceiling bookcases now full of OG Xbox, 360, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, PS3 and then Switch, XB1 and PS4 games. Her facial expressions say otherwise but I know in my heart the missus loves having them in the living room corner on display at all times. 

Another interest is Japan. Bit of a frustrating one as I can’t go anytime soon but man I’m obsessed. I watched a 45 minute documentary on the process of green tea making recently, not green tea as in the whole range, just one particular specific green tea. I love the whole dedication and passion devoted to excelling at one particular thing within a subject and perfecting it/making a living from it. I’ve satiated this thirst with a subscription to a few monthly Japanese snack/drink boxes which will keep the travel urges at bay for now and I put a monthly order in for a few bottles of sake at an online retailer. 

The last recent interest I’ve developed is narrowboating, touched upon this in the bucket list thread but I have a dream of living on a narrowboat within the next 10 years, going part time at work and just whittling the days away moored up somewhere random in the countryside miles away from proper civilisation and people and then moored up in the winter months somewhere at a nice countryside marina, stove on, a few ales, sunset, hatch open, bit of snow etc... once the world returns to normal we are definitely doing a few narrowboating holidays before making the decision. Can’t wait. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Retro gaming is my addiction at the mo. Not too retro, I think GameCube/Xbox era is as far back as I want to go and I’m terrified that that generation is now classed as retro 😳

That amused me. THIS what I call retro gaming: 

HATG_miniature_wargame_AW.jpg

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That amused me. THIS what I call retro gaming: 

HATG_miniature_wargame_AW.jpg

To be honest I’m shocked, I thought your idea of retro gaming would be either a spinning top or an old shoe box 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Retro gaming is my addiction at the mo. Not too retro, I think GameCube/Xbox era is as far back as I want to go and I’m terrified that that generation is now classed as retro 😳. I’m that far down the rabbit hole that I’m looking at £100 pound GameCube hdmi adapters and trying to justify to myself why that would be a sensible use of money.

I'm just here to warn you about rabbit-holes in retro gaming. Stick to consoles. I've gone down the DOS gaming route and the configurations in CPU/Graphics/Soundcards are endless. I'm still short of a 486 with a VESA local bus implementation. (Many of them are destroyed by leaky batteries on the motherboard)

It's endless fun though :D

146788200_447374136611145_6875729225620791662_n.jpg

146853970_1062528107555117_1023536933335975391_n.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Retro gaming is my addiction at the mo. Not too retro, I think GameCube/Xbox era is as far back as I want to go and I’m terrified that that generation is now classed as retro 😳. I’m that far down the rabbit hole that I’m looking at £100 pound GameCube hdmi adapters and trying to justify to myself why that would be a sensible use of money. Been fun collecting all the old games I used to have though. Got two floor to ceiling bookcases now full of OG Xbox, 360, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, PS3 and then Switch, XB1 and PS4 games. Her facial expressions say otherwise but I know in my heart the missus loves having them in the living room corner on display at all times. 

Another interest is Japan. Bit of a frustrating one as I can’t go anytime soon but man I’m obsessed. I watched a 45 minute documentary on the process of green tea making recently, not green tea as in the whole range, just one particular specific green tea. I love the whole dedication and passion devoted to excelling at one particular thing within a subject and perfecting it/making a living from it. I’ve satiated this thirst with a subscription to a few monthly Japanese snack/drink boxes which will keep the travel urges at bay for now and I put a monthly order in for a few bottles of sake at an online retailer. 

The last recent interest I’ve developed is narrowboating, touched upon this in the bucket list thread but I have a dream of living on a narrowboat within the next 10 years, going part time at work and just whittling the days away moored up somewhere random in the countryside miles away from proper civilisation and people and then moored up in the winter months somewhere at a nice countryside marina, stove on, a few ales, sunset, hatch open, bit of snow etc... once the world returns to normal we are definitely doing a few narrowboating holidays before making the decision. Can’t wait. 

Where are you ordering these from? I'm intrigued!

On 08/02/2021 at 23:56, Ingram85 said:

I’ve satiated this thirst with a subscription to a few monthly Japanese snack/drink boxes which will keep the travel urges at bay for now and I put a monthly order in for a few bottles of sake at an online retailer. 

But they won't be able to include the quintessential Japanese snack...

Family Mart Fried Chicken

Image result for famichiki chicken

"I am chicken"

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

But they won't be able to include the quintessential Japanese snack...

Family Mart Fried Chicken

Image result for famichiki chicken

"I am chicken"

Ha, I watch a YouTube channel ‘Abroad in Japan’ and he is close to becoming a family mart chicken I think. I think the first I’ll have when I go is a 7/11 egg Mayo sandwich followed by a fruit and cream sandwich. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Japanese subscription box. 

Tokyo Treat and Bokksu. Tokyo Treat is more pop culture snacks and Bokksu has more refined and artisan hand made stuff. Both good. Costs £36 a box but when you factor in customs and p&p I don’t think it’s too bad considering.

• Thanks 1

Â