Hobbies

Chindie

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Any we may have heard?

A lot of my recent ones are all on German TV through this year but  yes - there's a chance you may hear something of mine if you have  watched enough crappy reality shows on MTV and the like 😀

Edited by CosmicVillan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is weird or not. For the past 6 months I have been collecting geographically specific postcards. I have been buying Skegness postcards, mainly old Butlins ones, but old Skegness town ones as well. My wife doesn't know and they are stashed away in a drawer. They are all inexpensive. I am in too deep now and bought some more today. I am considering a drive to Skegness in the next couple of weeks purely to look at and buy postcards. She is going to **** divorce me. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Why Skegness in particular?

Skeggy is one of those place names I was sure, as a kid, was used as a made up place to indicate somewhere unpleasant and undesirable. I remember being genuinely shocked to discover it was a real place

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Why Skegness in particular?

Skeggy is one of those place names I was sure, as a kid, was used as a made up place to indicate somewhere unpleasant and undesirable. I remember being genuinely shocked to discover it was a real place

Used to live and work there, lots of love and happy memories of it. I also am fond of old fashioned dowdy seaside towns.

• Like 1

I do wedding/function gigs (which has slowed down since the pandemic, I'm hoping to try and ramp it up again this year). Usually as a bass player but trying to get some more guitar gigs. Aside from that, I do Karate twice a week, then when the little one falls asleep I'll get a bit of time on the Playstation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure if this is weird or not. For the past 6 months I have been collecting geographically specific postcards. I have been buying Skegness postcards, mainly old Butlins ones, but old Skegness town ones as well. My wife doesn't know and they are stashed away in a drawer. They are all inexpensive. I am in too deep now and bought some more today. I am considering a drive to Skegness in the next couple of weeks purely to look at and buy postcards. She is going to **** divorce me. 

Thats the type of nerdy obsession that i can get on board with :)

A man needs a hobby, and a lot of us have what would be considered strange hobbies. Women don't tend to be wired the same way and don't get involved in stuff like this. 

• Like 1

Almost got rumbled today postman arrived and passed my latest stash to my daughter. 3 seperate postcards. 2 were excellent and by the look of it from the late 40s and early 50s. Another is very interesting in that it pictures part of the old Butlins camp that was a hotel but became repurposed. Mid 50s postcard. 

• Like 1

Just had four Hall and Oates lps delivered. 

Checked my email and discovered I ordered another one last night when slightly drunk. I don't remember doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
Â