Hobbies

Chindie

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Halloween is a load of shit

Thankfully no vile children will be knocking my door this year.

Yours faithfully

Grinchman

Even though I have little uns I don’t like Halloween, and dislike bonfire night even more . CHRISTmas is where it’s at for me and October the 1st is the run up to it. For me it is anyway 🙂

• Like 2

I collect Johnny Cash studio and live albums and compilations that have either an unreleased track or a rerecording. If I ever get to the end I will move on to singles, but that's a bigger task than the albums. A bi product is that I also buy a lot of vinyl and CDs. 7 this week, which has gone down well as I lectured my wife on spending money on shit the day before they arrived. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I like Johnny Cash`s songs and have quite a few of them.I also like "If I were a carpenter" with his wife ( something Carter )

I like their take on it, June Carter (Cash) has a fantastic voice and is a huge talent by herself, it just so happened that she sounded great with Johnny. If I were a Carpenter is amongst my favourite of their duets. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I collect Johnny Cash studio and live albums and compilations that have either an unreleased track or a rerecording. If I ever get to the end I will move on to singles, but that's a bigger task than the albums. A bi product is that I also buy a lot of vinyl and CDs. 7 this week, which has gone down well as I lectured my wife on spending money on shit the day before they arrived. 

I don't talk about the price of womens haircuts in city centre salons and she doesn't mention vinyl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I don't talk about the price of womens haircuts in city centre salons and she doesn't mention vinyl

After I made a complaint about the number of parcels, she cancelled her hairdresser appointment. If she sees the pile near the stereo, I will be a dead man. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

How disappointing. I thought this was a thread about small birds of prey. 

Well it could be if you collect items involved in that flick to kick table top football game that us old folks used to play

• Like 1

Just started building things out of matchsticks. Incredibly fiddly but  is akin to finding the void in martial arts, I can completely shut everything else out of my mind except the building of what ever I am doing. Incredibly satisfying and also refreshing

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just started building things out of matchsticks. Incredibly fiddly but  is akin to finding the void in martial arts, I can completely shut everything else out of my mind except the building of what ever I am doing. Incredibly satisfying and also refreshing

This and model making are off limits to me. Essential tremor. It would be hilarious to watch though. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/02/2019 at 10:34, Chindie said:

I am increasingly thinking that doing something creative, is beneficial to ones wellbeing. It's incredibly satisfying. Even if it's something as simple as chucking some paint on plastic or messing around with some music software, having something at the end you've made and learnt from is very fulfilling.

I just started painting a month ago.  Its going quite well and I am enjoying it.  I will post my first 4 efforts later once I get some pictures 👍

• Like 2

On 03/10/2021 at 08:34, Seat68 said:

This and model making are off limits to me. Essential tremor. It would be hilarious to watch though. 

The man next door to me has Parkinson's disease, which was incredibly annoying to me because I bought him a spirograph for Xmas. 

What a waste. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I just started painting a month ago.  Its going quite well and I am enjoying it.  I will post my first 4 efforts later once I get some pictures 👍

You can come and paint my house if you want?

Just kidding, I know what you meant!

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
Â