Hobbies

Chindie

i had a lego star wars resurgence about 3 years ago, ridiculously expensive stuff and then i started to fall out of love with it a bit when i realised how much of it is rehashed and how often it is released, the building of it was brilliant fun though

gym, cooking, playing football, i suppose i'd list listening to music, used to be the cinema (at least once a week) but the firestick has killed that off, villa but the drinking killed that off

I, too, like big 'bots and cannot lie.

20181026_184745.thumb.jpg.1da6e8d4dd13ac317cfa61c95436b2b8.jpg

20181026_184830.thumb.jpg.5d4c5ce7e54bc1f58aea69d171c4d822.jpg

20181026_184852.thumb.jpg.28a3f73028e3ee3fac45d0dc8fb8e961.jpg

Lately been giving some serious thought to selling off the football shirt collection though.  I want to build a passable bedroom/home recording studio and get back into writing stuff, that coupled with the myriad guitars and pedals I want could probably be about 70% funded by selling the shirts off, at the moment they're just living in storage boxes anyway so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Music, Photography and erm thats about it really. Don't have much time for anything else.

I'm currently two months into a project to clean then catalogue my music collection. It will take well over a year. I aim to be finished by the summer after next

Are sports counted? I've always played tennis fairly regularly and the last year I found a cricket team through work have been enjoying that for the first time in 15 years. Two years ago I took up running and im trying not to lwt rhat slide, the recent nice weather has helped me dust off the legs. Otherwise film and books are my most boringly normal hobbies. I used to enjoy pub quizzes and hugs but the social media groups I had for that have long since buggered off with family and life in general.

@GarethRDR has reminded me I also collect figures, mostly sixth scale and Mezco One:12 Collective stuff. Although that has tailed off a lot due to personal circumstances at the minute. The sixth scale stuff is like a very, very complicated and highly detailed Action Man, based on movie characters mostly. Kinda thing you can photograph and it almost looks like a still from the movie. The Mezco stuff is similar but half the size and does a wider range of things (they recently made a 'realistic' Popeye, for instance, which came straight from the nightmare realm).

Thankfully never got into Transformers though ;).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

So, what do you fill your days with doing when aren't at work, or asleep, or desperately trying to stay alive?

Not much time for anything else! 

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

I, too, like big 'bots and cannot lie.

20181026_184745.thumb.jpg.1da6e8d4dd13ac317cfa61c95436b2b8.jpg

20181026_184830.thumb.jpg.5d4c5ce7e54bc1f58aea69d171c4d822.jpg

20181026_184852.thumb.jpg.28a3f73028e3ee3fac45d0dc8fb8e961.jpg

Lately been giving some serious thought to selling off the football shirt collection though.  I want to build a passable bedroom/home recording studio and get back into writing stuff, that coupled with the myriad guitars and pedals I want could probably be about 70% funded by selling the shirts off, at the moment they're just living in storage boxes anyway so.

For God's sake, do it man!  

• Like 2

I piss about on my guitar quite a lot, I've got a few days off until next week so I might have a go at recording a few of my tunes.  Other than that I got a pool table earlier this year that I have a go on most days, go cycling though not as far as I used to as my mate isn't available as much.  That's about it really.

My hobbies are getting less and less. It's quite sad really.

There was a time where I'd play loads of sport, do lots of gaming, did some running and basically did more with my spare time.

These days I hardly seem to do anything, but I'm not really sure why. At the very least I'd like to start playing football again.

For a long time 'the gym' was my main hobby and then I realised it's a pretty dull hobby to have, requires zero cognitive skills, there's very little to learn once you have a couple of years under your belt and gym people are in general pretty dull individuals with nothing interesting to talk about.

I fairly recently started making hiphop beats, not everyone's cup of tea, but I invested a decent amount into both hardware and software and have invested a hell of a lot of time learning sampling and drum pattern programming. I've become pretty decent at it in a fairly short space of time and I absolutely love it. It's great to simply creating something.

Other hobbies include learning a new programming language but that's not really fun these days.

• Like 2

Running, Film and Alcohol really.

Tend to do all of them at least once a week. 

Used to gamble too much but have knocked that on the head in recent months with circumstances changing.

Would like to do more but its a comfort zone thing half the time, where do you start with something you aren't familiar with and or have no prior experience of. It is a shame that so much of the population just while away the prime of their life in front of the TV watching shite every night but I'm not much different really.

Â