Hobbies

Chindie

11 minutes ago, hogso said:

I'm kinda surprised no one else has posted about / made it yet. 

It's clearly recognisable as VP, and sure, you could pick fault with aspects of it, but as I say, I had a blast making it. 

I got it from FOCO, but it's sold out now. Google BRXLZ Stadium and you'll see many Premier League grounds available. 

And yes Ingum, there are some stickers. Oddly, one wasn't required for the build, and says 'Villaajax woz ere'. 

Seeing that I have a vague recollection of some mad sod from this site creating VP in Minecraft - Was that you too @hogso?

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Seeing that I have a vague recollection of some mad sod from this site creating VP in Minecraft - Was that you too @hogso?

Yes, it was. Years ago, mind you, I haven't touched Minecraft in any sort of serious capacity for...well, at least 3 years. 

That was really good fun, although it became a complete obsession, changing bits here and there constantly, I never did fully finish it.

Like the stadium above, it wasn't a proper representation of the ground - but it was recognisable as VP. I actually did finish the North Stand, including the interior, that being the easiest stand to complete. 

I'd like to give it a another go at some point, although I'd like to do so with some proper plans of the stadium, or something. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I'm assuming you'll be burning it down once finished?

Seriously, I want to see those Red Army squaddies raising the Soviet flag on the roof. 

8 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

My Lockdown project is progressing nicely.  Its the Reichstag in Berlin 1945.   Its built from wood and over 2 ft long.  

Now to paint it.   

image.png.fdc109f02ea0b0b59d21ed1b1f29d4a3.png

I haven't done any serious model painting since I was a kid.  Does anyone have any hints, tips or recommendations for painting? 

My initial thought was to paint it a medium grey all over, wash a thinned dark grey into the lines and shadows and dry brush a lighter grey onto highlights. Would that work? 

Although its not visible on this photo I have painter the interior of the end towers with a whitewash. It looks good. I decided to use the excess paint as an undercoat. This is the white you can see.  Is it worth undercoating? 

Any help gratefully received. 

56 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I haven't done any serious model painting since I was a kid.  Does anyone have any hints, tips or recommendations for painting? 

My initial thought was to paint it a medium grey all over, wash a thinned dark grey into the lines and shadows and dry brush a lighter grey onto highlights. Would that work? 

Although its not visible on this photo I have painter the interior of the end towers with a whitewash. It looks good. I decided to use the excess paint as an undercoat. This is the white you can see.  Is it worth undercoating? 

Any help gratefully received. 

Anything I’ve learnt from YouTube it’s to cover it in grey paint, put a black wash over it, use summat called modge podge, cover it in statically charged green flock and glue loads of cut up coffee stirrers all over it. Ta Da!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

If I ever get half as good as this bloke at the gunpla game, I'll be doing well. And he's not THAT good compared to some.

But **** he's talented. The scribing work and plaplating is awesome, techniques that I barely even touch as it scares the **** out of me, and then he just casually knocks out a scratch built accessory for 1/60 scale model.

Just great stuff.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 11:13, Mandy Lifeboats said:

My Lockdown project is progressing nicely.  Its the Reichstag in Berlin 1945.   Its built from wood and over 2 ft long.  

Now to paint it.   

image.png.fdc109f02ea0b0b59d21ed1b1f29d4a3.png

Looks amazing! I would recommend browsing Youtube for some painting techniques. I think the key will be sealing the model so the paint doesn't affect the wood.

Eric's Hobby Workshop has some brilliant builds and covers how he seals his models and paints them at the end of his videos.

Â