Hobbies

Chindie

On 27/09/2021 at 08:43, Big Salad said:

Does anyone else collect things as a hobby? I have collected model cars for over 20 years and have a ton in my collection. My recent purchase is the one below, a 1955 Chevy Bel Air😃

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air White Gold Flames Bigtime Muscle 1/24 Diecast Model Car Jada 32917

I collect way too many things. Stamps, golf putter headcovers, magnets…

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 14:43, Big Salad said:

Does anyone else collect things as a hobby?

Vinyl records. I've tried to cut down but it's way too addictive.

I have one or two Beach Boys/Wilson brothers albums...

spacer.png

(in B4 the @bickster)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Does anyone else collect things as a hobby?

I'm another vinyl collector, kind of by default though. I don't buy records because I collect this or that, I buy them because I like them

@rjw63is somewhat of a Beach Boys obsessive, he's what I would call a collector

I'm by no means a "completist" and only buy records I'm interested in. There are very few records I own more than one copy of and if I do own more than one, its because the original is knackered, I got more than one free or I just plain stuffed up. Mr Wardle on the other hand will have 36 copies of the same album from different countries, different covers or different coloured vinyl etc. He's what I consider to be a collector, I'm someone who has a collection, if you get the difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I collect the NECA Horror figures. Only got a few so far but their range is fantastic if you're a horror geek like me.

This looks interesting, I'm a Halloween lover from UK, we are **** poor at Halloween compered to our American friends.

Not sure if u know this guy already but check out Chris Stuckmann YouTube channel, ace film reviewer and Horror nut too, the man lives for Halloween, he should a horror playlist, but you'll probably know all this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

This looks interesting, I'm a Halloween lover from UK, we are **** poor at Halloween compered to our American friends.

Not sure if u know this guy already but check out Chris Stuckmann YouTube channel, ace film reviewer and Horror nut too, the man lives for Halloween, he should a horror playlist, but you'll probably know all this.

Halloween is my favorite holiday easily. I have lost count of how many horror movies I have seen over my lifetime, but daresay its over a 1000, some pretty obscure. Nothing like a good scare, haunted attraction, etc.

A friend of mine is having a Halloween party and I bought my costume last week👍:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Leatherface Costume

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Halloween is my favorite holiday easily. I have lost count of how many horror movies I have seen over my lifetime, but daresay its over a 1000, some pretty obscure. Nothing like a good scare, haunted attraction, etc.

A friend of mine is having a Halloween party and I bought my costume last week👍:

Fantastic, you'll scare the **** out of them😒

One of my favourite Halloween films is Trick 'r Treat 2007, way underrated for me, vgood.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

One of my favourite Halloween films is Trick 'r Treat 2007, way underrated for me, vgood.

Oh yeah that one was better than some give it credit for for sure. One of my favorites that I think is criminally underrated is In The Mouth of Madness from John Carpenter. I just think people do not give it the credit it deserves; just nicely done movie.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone else collect things as a hobby? I have collected model cars for over 20 years and have a ton in my collection. My recent purchase is the one below, a 1955 Chevy Bel Air😃

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air White Gold Flames Bigtime Muscle 1/24 Diecast Model Car Jada 32917

Another model car collector here. Mainly 1/64 but the odd 1/72 and 1/87 also. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Oh yeah that one was better than some give it credit for for sure. One of my favorites that I think is criminally underrated is In The Mouth of Madness from John Carpenter. I just think people do not give it the credit it deserves; just nicely done movie.

Struggling to remember it, feels like I've seen it, will re-watch this month ta.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Trick R Treat is great. Sam has become a horror icon since its release.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Struggling to remember it, feels like I've seen it, will re-watch this month ta.

Very very Lovecraftian.

Also the third part of Carpenters loose Apocalypse trilogy.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Let's see it then

Stephen King books and the Gerogerigegege discography (pre-2000) are the two things I would say I collect, although I've got a bunch of other utter shite too. 

NECA stuff is great. They have a very cool 'look' that's quite iconic.

But...

One12-Part-3-Jason-Voorhees-008.jpg

sideshow-collectibles-halloween-michael-

100360_press03.jpg

elm6.jpg?resize=1024,1024&ssl=1

:)

Admittedly the cheapest of those is about 3 times the price of NECA's stuff and much more fragile and limited.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Big Salad said:

That's one for the "Things You Don't 'Get'" thread as far as I'm concerned. 

Halloween seems more an American thing, although it's infiltrated here now. Was hardly worth noticing when I was a kid, Guy Fawkes Night was always the big autumn event. 

As for horror films, depending on how you define it, I've probably seen a couple of dozen. No real appeal. 

• Like 1

It feels like the horror theme has hijacked the thread and I'm going to continue with the hijacking.

I've got a few toys/models/whatever you call them, I've got Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, John Lennon (yellow submarine) and my pride and joy is The Goblin King himself Jareth along with Hoggle which is valued at upwards of £200, I paid about £14 for it 20 odd years ago, all of them still in their boxes.

But I actually consider horror in general to be a hobby for me, I collect DVD's and Blu rays, whenever a new horror film comes out I make a point of watching it (spoiler free when I can help it) I watch, re-watch and analyse absolutely terrible films, I love all films but I would much rather sit down and pick apart Nightmare on Elm Street v Friday 13th Freddy and Jason Get the Shit Kicked out of Them in Handsworth (The Musical) than I would films that are actually well made, there is just a re-watchability with horror films no matter how bad that I don't get with any other genre.

I suppose it is more of an obsession rather than a horror but there we go. 

• Like 2

Â