Hobbies

Chindie

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Thankfully I've not gone down a Berzerk rabbit hole, yet. 

Do it, if memory serves you're not a big anime fan - good news is the '97 Berserk series is very much not your typical anime. It's when you finish that the rabbit hole will really beckon. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've fallen down the rabbit hole of looking to purchase the original Kenner Star Wars figures. 

Not interested in any modern lines, even the current 'retro' range, which are based on the original moulds/designs, but looking to fill the holes (insert kenneth.jpg) in my 1977-1985 collection.

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've fallen down the rabbit hole of looking to purchase the original Kenner Star Wars figures. 

Not interested in any modern lines, even the current 'retro' range, which are based on the original moulds/designs, but looking to fill the holes (insert kenneth.jpg) in my 1977-1985 collection.

Did your Dad not sell your original star wars figures a few months ago? 

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Did your Dad not sell your original star wars figures a few months ago? 

Nah, everything but the Star Wars. They were rescued and are with me. 

Sold He-man, Thundercats (most of them), TMNT (they went very quickly) and MASK and a few random bits and pieces. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

:ph34r:

Biggest massacre since Alderon was destroyed by the Death Star.

Even tired looking loose figures can be worth between $10 - $30. That's a lot of money melted. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HrNoY4G.jpg

One of favourite designs, been sat snapped up for 2 years waiting for me to get round to paint. Still not done, decals need to be sealed, needs weathering, matte top coat, but it looks good just as is so had to get it on a display base.

• Like 1

Anyone else collect Funko Pop figures? I have all the ones from  The Office(US), South Park,and Always Sunny in Philadelphia.Just need to get the Roy Batty one and will have all from Blade Runner as well.

Also have some others not part of a series,favorite being my Hannibal Lecter one

• 2 weeks later...

I got myself one of these to help with lockdown boredom. I knew I'd have to assemble it myself but as the website said it was a piece of cake to assemble, I didn't think it'd be a tough ask. I've picked it up and put it down so many times now I don't think I'll ever get it done. It's just so fiddly and I can't work out from the instructions what bits go where. Having read up a bit, it's supposed to be a doddle to put together but I'm clearly not mechanically minded and I'm not sure it's ever going to get done. Might have another go tonight.

CCbX2GA.jpg

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

I got myself one of these to help with lockdown boredom. I knew I'd have to assemble it myself but as the website said it was a piece of cake to assemble, I didn't think it'd be a tough ask. I've picked it up and put it down so many times now I don't think I'll ever get it done. It's just so fiddly and I can't work out from the instructions what bits go where. Having read up a bit, it's supposed to be a doddle to put together but I'm clearly not mechanically minded and I'm not sure it's ever going to get done. Might have another go tonight.

CCbX2GA.jpg

Didn’t realise these were still going.  I had one of these as a Christmas present in my younger years (Kyosho Optima) and I bloody loved it.  Expensive bit of kit I seem to remember and took my dad a full week to build.

use to race them with friends on empty car parks. Very fast.

Is this a Tamiya? Some model shops use to build them for you as an extra cost when purchasing. You could always look one up and get a price if you don’t fancy building it.

11 hours ago, choffer said:

CCbX2GA.jpg

11 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Didn’t realise these were still going.  I had one of these as a Christmas present in my younger years (Kyosho Optima) and I bloody loved it.  Expensive bit of kit I seem to remember and took my dad a full week to build.

use to race them with friends on empty car parks. Very fast.

Is this a Tamiya? Some model shops use to build them for you as an extra cost when purchasing. You could always look one up and get a price if you don’t fancy building it.

I've been thinking about getting one too but thought I'd have to get it built first, I just don't have the time.

Used to have a Monster Beetle about thirty years ago, great fun! Used to make BMX tracks in the woods and also race our cars there too.

• Like 1

Â