Hobbies

Chindie

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Occasionally you see things that kinda blow you away, that many people might shrug at. This is one of them.

am225.jpg

am234.jpg

am239.jpg

am240.jpg

am251.jpg

am258.jpg

am266.jpg

That's not a model kit, or a toy, of the Bond's V8 Vantage from the Dalton movies. It's entirely scratch built. It's ground up made from polystyrene plastic sheets. And everything works. The lights all work (individually). The sun roof opens mechanically. It's like it's a bit of petrol from driving off. Oh and of course the gadgets work.

Absolutely incredible.

I genuinely thought that was an actual full size car. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I genuinely thought that was an actual full size car. 

Exactly. The only thing that gives it away when you look at any of the photos for a second is the scale of its surroundings and the pigments in the paint being too big.

Mind boggling that its made from styrene sheets. Not vacuformed either. Incredible skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Amanuensis? 

Edit: Just mooney’d it and I’ve learnt something new. Could also be the title of Boris Johnson’s new report on female to male transgenderism. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

On 09/02/2021 at 05:37, Tegis said:

I'm just here to warn you about rabbit-holes in retro gaming. Stick to consoles. I've gone down the DOS gaming route and the configurations in CPU/Graphics/Soundcards are endless. I'm still short of a 486 with a VESA local bus implementation. (Many of them are destroyed by leaky batteries on the motherboard)

It's endless fun though :D

146788200_447374136611145_6875729225620791662_n.jpg

146853970_1062528107555117_1023536933335975391_n.jpg

At some point, my wife eventually made me close down my workhouse for orphaned computers :(

Now my main hobby is probably tending to my (40M) flock (5F, 4F, 4F, 2F, 2F, 2F, 1F, 1F, 1F, 1F, 1M, 1M, 1M, 1M, 1M) of backyard chickens.  They're absolutely fascinating to watch.

4 minutes ago, leviramsey said:

At some point, my wife eventually made me close down my workhouse for orphaned computers :(

Now my main hobby is probably tending to my (40M) flock (5F, 4F, 4F, 2F, 2F, 2F, 1F, 1F, 1F, 1F, 1M, 1M, 1M, 1M, 1M) of backyard chickens.  They're absolutely fascinating to watch.

Where the hell have you been? 

Welcome back! 

9 minutes ago, leviramsey said:

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed your musings on here and in the NFL section

49 minutes ago, leviramsey said:

What time do you call this young man!!!???

Welcome back mate 😀

1 hour ago, leviramsey said:

Good to see you Levi! 🙇‍♂️💜

• 3 weeks later...

SZmf0LG.png

Got bored tinkering with some other stuff so decided to bash out another go at a Bolland style Taskmaster sculpt, for a custom Taskmaster figure I'll make one day. This is only about an hours worth of work, obviously a lot more to go with it, but I kinda like it more than the first attempt in some ways.

It's next on the list after Shalvey style Moon Knight...

• Like 4

So I’m coming towards completing my retro games collection. Just a handful of PS2 games left now and one or two other stuff here and there. Now that’s pretty much done I needed a new hobby. 

Chosen to collect WWE Funko Pops. 🤦‍♂️. What have I done. 

Edited by Ingram85

On 24/04/2022 at 20:23, Chindie said:

SZmf0LG.png

Got bored tinkering with some other stuff so decided to bash out another go at a Bolland style Taskmaster sculpt, for a custom Taskmaster figure I'll make one day.

Good effort, bit harsh on Greg Davies though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

So I’m coming towards completing my retro games collection. Just a handful of PS2 games left now and one or two other stuff here and there. Needed a new hobby. 

Funko Pop WWE. 🤦‍♂️. What have I done. 

My daughter has got her PS2 out for the first time in years, she loves Bloody Roar and it's sequels, she doesn't need them but they are an astronomical price. 

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally got to see The Church Of St John The Baptist, Burford.

Proper genuine medieval features, the place was temporarily repurposed during the Civil War as a prison for Levellers. It was subject to the usual Victorian vandalism but in this case, was specifically part of the reason for William Morris forming SPAB, which went on to become the building listing process.

Yeah, a big tick off the list. 

• Like 3

Nice @chrisp65

Is that the one just off the bottom of the hill on the main road through Burford? I've stopped in the town and had a wander around, but never got that close to the Church. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Nice @chrisp65

Is that the one just off the bottom of the hill on the main road through Burford? I've stopped in the town and had a wander around, but never got that close to the Church. 

Yep, that’s the one.

For info., they’re open to casual tourist visitors, you can walk in and mooch around without being bothered.

• Thanks 1

Â