Hobbies

Chindie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 12:29, Chindie said:

Occasionally you see things that kinda blow you away, that many people might shrug at. This is one of them.

am225.jpg

am234.jpg

am239.jpg

am240.jpg

am251.jpg

am258.jpg

am266.jpg

That's not a model kit, or a toy, of the Bond's V8 Vantage from the Dalton movies. It's entirely scratch built. It's ground up made from polystyrene plastic sheets. And everything works. The lights all work (individually). The sun roof opens mechanically. It's like it's a bit of petrol from driving off. Oh and of course the gadgets work.

Absolutely incredible.

This bloke is back, and he's moved into a different kinda vehicle...

spin152.jpg

Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have actually finished something,   I started this ages ago and was supposed to be my wife's Birthday present in early August,  she received this yesterday 😀 She really likes it she said so happy days.

This is my 2nd go at painting something,  and first time on a big canvas.  Can you tell I have ADD / ADHD from the painting 🤣  I estimated 2 weeks and it took 6 months & I almost gave up at one point.

78ce1121-9553-4b0a-9a14-fa68e3e523ff.thumb.jpg.34bbe9e8cb61595026bcf76cea7dd8fc.jpg

I'm glad you didn't give up

• Thanks 1

For that to be your second attempt is amazing, you should be well proud of that. 

What's your inspiration for it? I have no idea what some bits are about, but I've spent ages looking at it, it's really cool

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

That's excellent.

Can you draw Unai Emery eating chips waiting for the 35 outside Kings Heath library, next?

That's an utterly ridiculous idea. 

Should be the 48 or 50. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Did my second Karate competition on Sunday, 6 months after my first one - this time it was a national competition instead of purely a novice one. Managed to come out with another Gold medal in one of my categories, which I'm absolutelty over the moon with. Had a good fight too and am definitely seeing some improvement compared to my first outing. Still a very long way to go, but I'm dead chuffed!

sensei-sensei-approves.gif

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

This might have to be bought. I've wanted to add the alien to my collection, but the 1/6 versions are old now, very very fragile and cost absurd amounts (if you can find them), and the NECA version never quite looked right with the joints. So the brilliant Mezco give it a go and, using a seamless body, basically blow them all away. There's photos of this that look like shots of the suit from the movie, in a good way.

Might have to order.

• Like 1

Â