Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In terms of our style of play, it is what we have become. If you look at our squad and most of last season it's what we are building here.

I don’t understand how that makes us a much more attractive option over Everton. Probably just fan bias?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t understand how that makes us a much more attractive option over Everton. Probably just fan bias?

Claret & blue tinted glasses and this .....

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We are a much more attractive appeal than Everton in terms of Premier League clubs.

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Are we?

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes.

As it stands it's back as a level playing field imo.

Outside of the top 6 clubs we have another cluster of 6 - which I see us being part of that group along with Everton, West ham, Wolves, Watford and Leicester.

I will continue my comparison with Everton as that is who I stated we are a bigger pull and is also the other PL club with a bid in for Leao as we know.

So what makes us more attractive?

• A larger fan base

• Everton can offer European football as much as we can.

• Steeped in history and a new wave of euphoria is tornadoing through our club as we speak.

• We have a bigger stadium, that is more appealing and a proper arena when we get rocking - plus we can go bigger if need be.

• We have a plethora of exciting young players which he would fit in well with imo.

• Of that middle 6 cluster that we are currently in, I will arrogantly say we are the best in that 6.

• We are at the beginning of something big and we will break that top 6 quicker than Everton will.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure you have but writing off a 21 year old scouted by Sevilla as most overrated Norweigan ever is a bit OTT.

Norway havent produced a top level player since probably Riise or Carew

So your logic here implies if a player is scouted by Sevilla he must be a good footballer worth big money and something that AVFC should consider? 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So your logic here implies if a player is scouted by Sevilla he must be a good footballer worth big money and something that AVFC should consider? 

well Sevilla have probably the best scouts in World Football in the last 15-20 years or so. If they are considering him then yeah I think you are wrong and they are right

I think some fans are setting themselves up for disappointment next season. Yes we’ve spent big but it’s because we couldn’t even field a team. The likes of Everton, Leicester, Palace, West Ham etc have been strengthening for several years now. 

Our goal next season is to stay up. Those who think we will be mixing it up with the teams just out the top 6 may be bought back to reality when the season starts.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Based on last season yes we are.

I doubt this will be the case in another 12 months though.

We're in transition.

I don’t honestly think we’re close. Potentially in 2 or 3 seasons, but we’re about re-establishing ourselves right now whereas Everton have a real chance of making European football next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think some fans are setting themselves up for disappointment next season. Yes we’ve spent big but it’s because we couldn’t even field a team. The likes of Everton, Leicester, Palace, West Ham etc have been strengthening for several years now. 

Our goal next season is to stay up. Those who think we will be mixing it up with the teams just out the top 6 may be bought back to reality when the season starts.

If we finish 12th this season, would you see that as a failure? I wouldn't

Finishing 7th would be even better and beyond expectation for sure.

Just because other teams sit still or stagnate in mid table mediocrity, doesn't mean we have to.

We're a year ahead of schedule in terms of where we want to be as a club don't forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

If we finish 12th this season, would you see that as a failure? I wouldn't

Finishing 7th would be even better and beyond expectation for sure.

Just because other teams sit still or stagnate in mid table mediocrity, doesn't mean we have to.

We're a year ahead of schedule in terms of where we want to be as a club don't forget.

12th would be a fantastic season. I’m expecting a battle to stay up up to the last few weeks. 

Anyway keeping on topic. This signing ain’t happening.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

12th would be a fantastic season. I’m expecting a battle to stay up up to the last few weeks. 

Anyway keeping on topic. This signing ain’t happening.

Without sounding too over confident, I don't think we are splashing over £120m on a new team just to mix it up with the relegation candidates.

As for Leao. Why isn't happening? because you don't want it to? because you think Laeo will chose another club? are you doubting a bid is in place from us?

The way I see it, it either happens or it doesn't. If the club say yes to any bid we put in then it would be down to Laeo after that.

If he comes, superb, if he don't, we go after the next name on the list. Sorted.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well Sevilla have probably the best scouts in World Football in the last 15-20 years or so. If they are considering him then yeah I think you are wrong and they are right

But they haven't signed him, so your argument kinda turns around on you there. 

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Without sounding too over confident, I don't think we are splashing over £120m on a new team just to mix it up with the relegation candidates.

You’re definitely sounding too over confident. £120m or whatever is us buying a team - not just adding to an already strong group. Finishing 17th would be a good season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is 21 years old FFS. Writing players off so young is quite childish especially when he is being scouted by teams like Sevilla

The last 2 pages is full of people writing off a teenager playing in a very poor side in several positions. It's not really childish, it's just football.