Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Anthony Knockeart having a medical with Fulham according to 'Sky', that's two wingers they've signed now if it goes ahead... Maybe we can get Sessegnon. .

Sessegnon was shit in PL last season. Was wondering what the hype was about

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

40m for a 20 year old championship player, in the last year of their contract and who has only played 1 season in the PL (and was mediocre at that)?! I remember Ashley Young went for £15m to Man Utd with 1 year left, and he had proved himself at the top level. Come January they will be lucky to get 10m.

The market is extremely inflated right now.  I don't see him going anywhere this summer for less than 30 million, with some kind of hefty sell on clause in his contract.  Fulham believe they can bounce back up and if they're in the playoff hunt in January, they'll be desperate to keep him around.  If they're struggling mid-table, they may sell him for what they can get.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

He was actually quite decent last season for Fulham, just didn't score as many as he did in the championship which I think causes some people to presume that he wasn't very good. He won't go for anywhere near £40m either, talk is that he'll cost around £25m.

No, sorry, he was straight garbage, but their entire team was too.  One of my close friends is a Fulham supporter, so I had to hear about their season in extreme detail, week by week last season...

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yeah cause that’s likely to happen?!  ... he’ll go to spurs ... we maybe enquired earlier this summer and either moved on due to cost of got told to jog on ... he’s very much unlikely to be coming ... 

He'll probably go to Spurs or Manure this summer.  Some club with a lot of money to blow on an overpriced English player.  

He really wasn't that bad, in fact to emphasize the truth of my previous assertion, I'd say that he was a better all round player last season than he was in the championship, in the championship he was kind of average but had a knack of being in the right place at the right time, last season whilst he didn't get as many goals, his overall game improved, and that was whilst playing in what turned out to be a very poor Fulham team, and being asked to play six different positions throughout the season. There's a reason why teams like ourselves and Spurs want him.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He really wasn't that bad, in fact to emphasize the truth of my previous assertion, I'd say that he was a better all round player last season than he was in the championship, in the championship he was kind of average but had a knack of being in the right place at the right time, last season whilst he didn't get as many goals, his overall game improved, and that was whilst playing in what turned out to be a very poor Fulham team, and being asked to play six different positions throughout the season. There's a reason why teams like ourselves and Spurs want him.

Is he just another over hyped Walcott type?

2 minutes ago, useless said:

No, he was awful.  His WhoScored ratings were hilariously low and they rated his performance as 17th best in that awful Fulham squad last year.  He's another overhyped young English player who the media is talking up.

image.thumb.png.a768fda55c6785db13fec2913ac0d9c5.png

image.thumb.png.f6cbb9c368db2ff6f66bb2516a712de8.png

Sessegnon ain’t gunna happen but the kid is 19 yo with bags of potential who struggled in a shite team last season... jack didn’t pull up any tress in our relegation season did he so wouldn’t write the kid off just yet . Anyhow we have no chance of getting him so mute point .... Don’t think Phillips is gunna happen nor Butland and not Leao .... However I still have this sneaky suspicion the best is yet to come in terms of signings .

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know why people are going on about Sessegnon anyway, regardless of how good or bad he is, as has been said he most probably won't be signing for us. Besides it's looking increasingly like we've got our new winger in Trézéguet who looks a really good player.

• Haha 1

Aston Villa touted to break club record fee for Portuguese ace: A top option for Smith?

Aston Villa broke their club transfer record with the signing of Wesley Moraes for £22 million, and they could break that record once again ahead of the 2019-20 season.

The Villans who secured promotion to the Premier League after winning the Championship play-off final against Derby County, are reportedly interested in signing 20-year-old striker, Rafael Leao.

The Portuguese striker currently plays for Lille, joining the club in 2018 after terminating his contract with Portuguese team Sporting.

According to SuperDeporte, Aston Villa are one of the many sides trailing him. Napoli, Valencia, as well as Everton are some of the many clubs interested in signing Leao.

Leao joined the French club on a free transfer after terminating his contract with Sporting Club in Portugal, due to off-field issues. The youngster still has four years remaining on his current contract at Lille.

In his first season with the club, Leao scored 8 goals and managed 3 assists in 26 appearances for the club.

Why Rafael Leao would be a top addition to Aston Villa

Dubbed the “Portuguese Kylian Mbappe”, Leao is a fast and strong striker, who likes to run through defences. The youngster is always looking to get in behind the defence, and using his pace and strength to leave the opposition defence in his wake.

The 6’2″ striker is strong and brushes off defenders, while also constantly moving from central areas to wide areas, and causing trouble to the opposition defence in more than one way.

Technically sound and a clinical finisher, Leao averaged 1.5 shots per game for Lille last season in Ligue 1. The youngster has the technique, pace, and strength to be a success in any league in Europe, and is bound to get even better in the years to come.

Aston Villa should certainly sign him as it would be a huge statement of intent from the club, which would cause concern to their Premier League rivals.

However, convincing a young player of the talent of Rafael Leao to join Villa over clubs like Napoli, Valencia, or even Everton, will be a very tough task.

Can Villa afford to sign a €30 million+ player after already spending over €70 million in the season? Time will tell.

Hope we sign him!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So what Do we honestly think the likelihood  out of 10 is for the transfers of douglas and Hassan?

Based on everything I’ve read and just the general momentum behind the stories/supposed twitter itks about us signing them...I think both are about 8/9 out of 10.

That Instagram thing for Luiz has bumped him up a mark or two, while it’s felt to me like the deal for Hassan has always been simmering away for quite a while, never really going away.

For comparison purposes I think the likelihood of us signing Sturridge is about 1 out of 10, with an error margin of 1.