Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes to a degree but at the same time, we can’t just bring in a load of inexperienced, young players, we need a blend of youth and experience 

Who the feck are you and what the bloody hell have you done with sir_gary_cahill?

The SGC that VT knows and loves would happily promote the U13's to the first 11 for spurs away. 

#freeSGC

Edited by av1

3 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Isn't Sturridge famously lazy? That's why Klopp wanted him gone, he wasn't willing to press.

He is yes but if he stays fit, he will score goals, Smith will get the best out of him 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Who the feck are you and what the bloody hell have you done with sir_gary_cahill?

The SGC that VT knows and loves would happily promote the U13's to first 11 for spurs away. 

#freeSGC

😂 I’m not the manager, thank God

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Okazaki be a good pick up as backup striker though he is getting on a bit. Maybe McBurnie from Swansea who I think Sheff United are after

I like Okazaki. He gives 100% and think he’d be a decent option from the bench. If we’re short towards the end of the window he could be worth a punt. 

For me, Butland, Maupay and Benrahma complete the perfect window. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Austin is a terrible option. Outscored by Shane Long last season who would probably be better option than Austin because at least he can move

Please dont sign Shane Long either

So who do you think we can realistically sign for peanuts who has experience and is willing to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle ?

This season we aren't going to be signing 60 million pound forwards and the system we play has 1 central forward which I imagine for at least half of this season will be wesley and only buying a more expensive player if he doesnt get results in the first half of the season.

Buying or getting a forward not on mega money happy to be used when called upon is what we may end up with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does blend of youth and experience = success ?  The team that got relegated with 17 points had quite a good blend.

Agreed but by the same token if we had a team of just experienced players or young players, then it’s a recipe for disaster

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

So who do you think we can realistically sign for peanuts who has experience and is willing to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle ?

This season we aren't going to be signing 60 million pound forwards and the system we play has 1 central forward which I imagine for at least half of this season will be wesley and only buying a more expensive player if he doesnt get results in the first half of the season.

Buying or getting a forward not on mega money happy to be used when called upon is what we may end up with.

I gave 2 names above 😉

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I gave 2 names above 😉

Ah, getting ready to go out and hadnt caught up the posts. 

On the plus side its 29c and I've got 4 more nights after tonight all inc in rhodes 👌

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why?

Because to me he symbolises everything about a signing that nearly destroyed our club. To a lesser extent Austin and Long do to although I think they have better attitudes than Sturridge. 

If we signed him I would lose all faith that things have now changed. It amazes me that any fan would be happy to see him at Villa.

• Like 1