Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Did he escape from Julie B's basement?  Was Jermaine Defoe riding shotgun?

True story.

No sauce involved.

Edited by jim
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I think he’s good enough to play Champions League football, but maybe not quite good enough yet for a top four PL club. 

Blimey. Well I still think we need a DM for the squad. From my incredibly limited viewing of Luiz, I think we might end up getting more out of him further forward. At home, on the attack, I'm certain him Jack & John will have tremendous fun all in the middle together.

Reckon Berge would have any interest in Villa or ship already sailed?

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good call but pricey option.... Just read Brighton are tracking him and he reportedly rejected a move to Sheff Utd. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sheffieldunited.news/news/report-22-5m-genk-midfielder-sander-berge-rejects-sheffield-united/amp/

Racing Genk midfielder Sander Berge has rejected a move to Sheffield United, reports Belgian newspaper HLN.

Apparently the Blades made an official bid for Berge, although for how much is unclear. However, Genk value the 21-year-old at £22.5m.

Berge is open to a move to the Premier League, but is aiming his sights higher than a recently promoted club.

It’s said that Berge thanked the South Yorkshire side for their approach, but that he will not be making the switch to Bramall Lane.

According to Norwegian outlet VG, both Sevilla and Tottenham Hotspur have previously shown interest in the Norway international. Brighton and Hove Albion have also been linked.

Good write up about him here with some other interesting names ... 

https://www.90min.com/posts/6356611-10-under-the-radar-wonderkids-who-could-soon-take-europe-by-storm

The 6'5 midfielder boasts sublime creativity for someone so physical, and his intelligence on the pitch has left many forgetting his career is still in its infancy.

Berge has been compared to Lazio powerhouse Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in the past, and it's not hard to see why. He's physical, he's technically gifted, and he's ready to take over.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

I said this 3 weeks ago that suso had been looking at leao..and at the time i reckoned he would be the perfect partner for wesley,2 different styles of forward that would compliment each other.

It was the reason apparently the club didnt make a huge deal about breaking the club record for wesley.

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I said this 3 weeks ago that suso had been looking at leao..and at the time i reckoned he would be the perfect partner for wesley,2 different styles of forward that would compliment each other.

It was the reason apparently the club didnt make a huge deal about breaking the club record for wesley.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h ?

• Like 1

I'm only basing this off youtube, but having watched highlights of the two players he kind of reminds me of... Wesley, and dare I say it, but Wesley looks like the better player, seems to have the pace and instinct of Leao in the box, but also drops back and has very good vision from deeper positions, can also run with the ball. Not that I'd be disappointed if we signed Leao though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm only basing this off youtube, but having watched highlights of the two players he kind of reminds me of... Wesley, and dare I say it, but Wesley looks like the better player, seems to have the pace and instinct of Leao in the box, but also drops back and has very good vision from deeper positions, can also run with the ball. Not that I'd be disappointed if we signed Leao though.

You have a knack for saying and noticing things that are on the tip of my tongue but can't quite articulate. Good to have you back.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Blimey. Well I still think we need a DM for the squad. From my incredibly limited viewing of Luiz, I think we might end up getting more out of him further forward. At home, on the attack, I'm certain him Jack & John will have tremendous fun all in the middle together.

I really don’t know for certain, but I believe he’s looking a step or two above where we are right now. He’s been linked with Sevilla for a while now, among other clubs. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

I like to imagine Dean Smith singing "Never mind I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you" to Tammy at the end of last season, and then signing Wesley and Leao.

• Haha 1