Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

You’re definitely sounding too over confident. £120m or whatever is us buying a team - not just adding to an already strong group. Finishing 17th would be a good season. 

But look what that £120m has built us so far - a team of promising potential, pace, enthusiasm, energy.

I would hate to think what the squad would look like with £120m spent with someone like Bruce or Moyes in charge.

I think we will suprise a few this season.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But look what that £120m has built us so far - a team of promising potential, pace, enthusiasm, energy.

I would hate to think what the squad would look like with £120m spent with someone like Bruce or Moyes in charge.

I think we will suprise a few this season.

Sturridge, Snodgrass, Cahill, Austin, Schneiderlin.

Just now, useless said:

We've already signed one young raw pacey striker in Wesley for £22m, I doubt we'll be signing another for £30m, it's not even as if Leao also plays on the wing as some seem to think. If we sign another striker I think it will probably be someone who's either going to cost in the ten to twenty million price range, or someone we can get on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Some of his play reminds me of Jack a little, so baring in mind he is a striker, he would also be very fluently at AMC.

Maybe killing two positions with one player would be a sensible move?

Our team is full of versatility, but the good kind - not the Steve Bruce kind.

As for the transfer.. we know there are MANY ways around these things. If it's a no then maybe we will go for Maupay instead I would imagine. Time will tell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, useless said:

John Percy who almost everyone seems to trust as the most reliable source has said today that we're targeting a new goalkeeper, and have been in talks with Burnley for Tom Heaton.

I trust that Percy doesn’t like to say “this deal is done” until he’s been told it’s done so it’s always a good marker for that, but I think he’ll report general speculation with the same (un)reliability as anyone else. Not knocking him at all, I think that’s the game. 

Yeah GK, DCM and ST for me too if Luiz and Trezeguet are added to the ranks

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Then, I reckon we need to sell a couple... if we can.  

Expecting to see Bree, Tshibola and Hogan off somewhere myself.

O'Hare, JDH, RHM, Davis and the other nippers (apart from Green) available to loan if the conditions are right.

As for the GK situation. Who knows? But it seems clear we are looking at bringing someone in. Ultimately Steer earned his spot at the top of the current pile and there have to be questions about him being a PL No.1. Few were happy with what we saw of Nyland and Kalinic hardly impressed when he got the chance. However good a game he had against England at Wembley. With Sarkic out on loan and Steer signing a new contract it would seem 1 of Kalinic/Nyland may head out and surely we'd have to pay someone to take Nyland off us right now? Kalinic moving on wouldn't surprise me based on nothing but all that.

Anyway I agree we're doing well. Especially getting so much of the work done so early.

30 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It was a freak season but they still did it, and it was done with team morale mostly.

Yes but they also unearthed 2 top class gems in Mahrez and Kante plus Vardy hitting the form of his life along with all big teams having a shocker.

Was a once off in that all of them elements will probably not combine again in the near future

• Like 1

I agree with  that, but that's now Joe Hart, John Percy, and the guy who posted the list of players on twitter that were done or in advanced talks and mentioned Luiz before anyone else, who've all linked us with Heaton. I think there's a very good chance that it will happen, I don't think it's about Steer or Kalinic not being good enough, it's just if we can find someone who we think is better then we'll go for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think some fans are setting themselves up for disappointment next season. Yes we’ve spent big but it’s because we couldn’t even field a team. The likes of Everton, Leicester, Palace, West Ham etc have been strengthening for several years now. 

Our goal next season is to stay up. Those who think we will be mixing it up with the teams just out the top 6 may be bought back to reality when the season starts.

but you have to believe.

If you think you can you can.....if you think you can't you can't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Yes but they also unearthed 2 top class gems in Mahrez and Kante plus Vardy hitting the form of his life along with all big teams having a shocker.

Was a once off in that all of them elements will probably not combine again in the near future

Bold prediction alert:    I think there is more chance we will uncover some gems in this new group of signings than there is seeing us winning the league this season.   😁

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Strange views on this forum for sure, would you say our current team is stronger or weaker then the Leicester team that just avoided relegation and then went on to win the Premier League? Just out of curiosity?

leao, never heard of him, sounds exciting but don’t know why we think he wouldn’t sign for us...

I think this current Villa team is a lot worse.

That team had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy - who are streets ahead of any player we currently have. Kasper Schmeichel is also a lot better than any of our current keepers.

Keeper and forward once douglas and the Egyptian are signed up. 

Either some risky Austin type finisher happy to be 2nd fiddle and next year up the quality if we stay up and we should be hitting up butland for long term continuity with our youthful back 4.

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Keeper and forward once douglas and the Egyptian are signed up. 

Either some risky Austin type finisher happy to be 2nd fiddle and next year up the quality if we stay up and we should be hitting up butland for long term continuity with our youthful back 4.

I’d take Austin as back up for Wesley, I was shot down for suggesting him on here! :) I can’t think of a better option who would be happy to be back up

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'd say a striker - after Luiz and Trezeguet is most important, personally, and I'm ambivalent on a goalkeeper. If we get a player like Heaton for decent value, then fair enough, but otherwise I think those two should be fine

If we didn't manage to get a new GK now it isn't the end of the world. I'm sure butland or Heaton would be cheaper in January anyway. 

Austin is a terrible option. Outscored by Shane Long last season who would probably be better option than Austin because at least he can move

Please dont sign Shane Long either

12 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I think this current Villa team is a lot worse.

That team had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy - who are streets ahead of any player we currently have. Kasper Schmeichel is also a lot better than any of our current keepers.

Those players turned out to be better than we are assuming our players are. A lot of the Leicester players that won the league were clearly not great for a large part of the previous season. 

We really don’t know what our squad can achieve next season as they haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet. They may be awful, but equally they could be world beaters. Somewhere between the two is likely. 

There seems a genuine sense of positivity and the feeling our club is finally working to a plan and has people in place that have the ability to implement the plan. There’s a lot of unknowns and hard work to be done, but nobody knows what’s going to happen at this stage. 

• Like 1