Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Austin is a terrible option. Outscored by Shane Long last season who would probably be better option than Austin because at least he can move

Please dont sign Shane Long either

Long works so hard for his team, ok he’s not the most gifted but he’ll always put a shift in, I’d take him as back up to Wesley too

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Long works so hard for his team, ok he’s not the most gifted but he’ll always put a shift in, I’d take him as back up to Wesley too

Dear God, no. 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If we didn't manage to get a new GK now it isn't the end of the world. I'm sure butland or Heaton would be cheaper in January anyway. 

Butland and Heaton may have already been sold by January. 

Butland would prove to be worth every penny imo, not least because of his age. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Dear God, no. 

Agreed. A striker that can't score goals is never a good idea. 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who do you suggest then?

I’m not going to offer a suggestion - I haven’t really thought about it.

Shane Long is a terrible striker, though, so not him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Sick of this filth on a family site 😂

carry on teacher GIF

*sorry, Saturday afternoon boredom*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Being a striker isn’t just about scoring goals, remember when I thought that about Darren Bent haha?

No, but its a fecking big part of it. 

It's like playing a GK that can't save anything but can organise a defence. 

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take Austin as back up for Wesley, I was shot down for suggesting him on here! :) I can’t think of a better option who would be happy to be back up

I got this feeling if everyone on here was keen on Austin you wouldn’t want us to sign him. I could be wrong. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

36 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I think this current Villa team is a lot worse.

That team had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy - who are streets ahead of any player we currently have. Kasper Schmeichel is also a lot better than any of our current keepers.

Your perception of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy benefits massively from hindsight. I'd say perceptions of Leicester at the time were close to perceptions of Villa now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got this feeling if everyone on here was keen on Austin you wouldn’t want us to sign him. I could be wrong. 

No, not at all, he’s just a good goalscorer that I’ve always rated from a distance 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, not at all, he’s just a good goalscorer that I’ve always rated from a distance 

Fair enough and I actually agree he’s a good goalscorer when fit. But surely you can see he if the kind of signing we need to get away from?

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

No, but its a fecking big part of it. 

It's like playing a GK that can't save anything but can organise a defence. 

To be a successful Premier League striker, you have to be able to score goals and bring others in to play and work hard for the team

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To be a successful Premier League striker, you have to be able to score goals and bring others in to play and work hard for the team

Exactly, and Long doesn't score goals.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough and I actually agree he’s a good goalscorer when fit. But surely you can see he if the kind of signing we need to get away from?

Yes to a degree but at the same time, we can’t just bring in a load of inexperienced, young players, we need a blend of youth and experience 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you think we should sign Sturridge?

Isn't Sturridge famously lazy? That's why Klopp wanted him gone, he wasn't willing to press.