Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

In terms of the top 6 I agree.

But I think a good championship team would give the likes of Burnley, Brighton , etc a good run for there money.

We had some pretty poor teams under Lambert and yet survived - a back 4 of Bennett, Clark, Baker, Vlarr  - I think we have better than that already.

Without serious reinforcements the squad which got us up last season would not have survived in the PL.

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No it's not. You are wrong. You are mixing core personality traits with maturity and adapting to social expectations. And if we go back to Dan Crowley he will always be a greedy prick who thinks he is above his station, who will never show any loyalty to this club whether he is 16 26 or 36. In my opinion. Now you may have a different opinion, and that's fine. If people want him to sign that's okey. Personally I think he'd be cancer to this club and exactly what we need to avoid. 

I learned a long time ago -- probably after I was 16, maybe even when I was 21 or later -- that one shouldn't think in absolutes. To say everybody is who they are at 16 who they will be for the rest of their lives is just as stupid as saying nobody is who they are at 16.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

If raiding Reims should be Remi Oudin. He is a absolute baller

Trust me on that!!

@AvfcRigo82 check this. 

Yep. We need to avoid this guy. He is made of glass it appears. I hope we are not signing him.

Remi Oudin should be the one we sign..

There is a reason Olympiakos sold Engels.. and he only joined Reims a few months ago, it makes you wonder. At 24, he has a very poor injury record.

Again, this cannot be true.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep. We need to avoid this guy. He is made of glass it appears. I hope we are not signing him.

Semi Out on should be the one.

There is a reason Olympiakos sold him.. and he only joined Reims a few months ago it makes you wonder. At 24, he has a very poor injury record.

Again, this cannot be true.

Image result for kenneth williams gif

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I think this is pretty a pretty short sighted approach for teams who are either trying to get promoted or are not confident of staying in the Championship. Loans are an ideal strategy when you don't know what league you'll be in next season. You can bring in a premier league quality player without a significant fee and without being bound to a high wage contract for four or five years. Mings and Tuanzebe are perfect examples. Who cares if we nurtured and developed them - they got us into the Premier League with no risk and at low cost. I'd sooner we did that than take the Tony Xia approach and nearly break FFP rules as we did the seasons before.

The fact that Brentford won't take that approach suggests they're happy with their lot and more focused on making profits on their players. Dean Smith seemed more than happy to loan players for us in January and its paid off in spades.

GASP!! Do you realise Brentford are the best run club in the world and have a secret formula that nobody can ever find and copy. If it’s the Brentford way it’s the best way. Wash your mouth out with soap young man. 

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Loving our business thus far!

Is it me or will we have a team of Giants who can also play?

Mings, Hause, Targett, Chester, Konsa, Wesley all 6ft + Apparently Björn Engels is also 6'4"?

That is some Arial threat!

It’ll all come out in the wash.