Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

14 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Arsenal bidding 12m for Bowen.

He's a steal at that price, thats the kind of money prem teams play for backup players let alone starters.

Is Levy advising Arsenal on their bids during this window? They have certainly become the new Spurs if they are bidding £12m for Bowen, having bid £40m for Zaha. He is a player that I would like to see us go for. Perhaps we should make a realistic offer for him and gazump Arsenal?;) 

27 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Southampton fans are laughing at that link. They say he's their 4/5th best centre back.

He's 20 so... There's every chance we want him to be our 4th choice centre back too. 

(Or more likely we have no idea who he is)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, John said:

Is Levy advising Arsenal on their bids during this window? They have certainly become the new Spurs if they are bidding £12m for Bowen, having bid £40m for Zaha. He is a player that I would like to see us go for. Perhaps we should make a realistic offer for him and gazump Arsenal?;) 

and then Bowen's agent can rejoice in his arsenal interest media leak working a treat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Porto have signed Ze Luis. Looks likely that Marega will be leaving as he's now been replaced. Marega has been tenuously linked to us so I thought it worth a mention.

More likely to go to West Ham (what with Arnautovic handing in a transfer request this afternoon) than us in my opinion,  especially considering the outlay for Wesley.

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's 20 so... There's every chance we want him to be our 4th choice centre back too. 

He's 25...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jack-stephens/profil/spieler/163744

Not convinced this is a genuine link myself.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jack Stephens is 25 not 20.

Yann Valery i suggested from Southampton  is 20 :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So what you are saying is why don't you come on over Valery?

Won't you come on over
Stop making a fool out of me Yann Valery....:)

Edited by John

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and then Bowen's agent can rejoice in his arsenal interest media leak working a treat

seriously though I think that's how the transfer market works

Jared Bowen is worth 10m

His agent leaks to the press a made up story that arsenal are thinking about bidding 12m

they're not, they are currently getting hard balled by ajax over ziyech who is the player they really want, arsenal's representatives don't mind the bowen link because it puts pressure on ziyech's agent to force the deal through, they've already gone as far as bid for Zaha knowing it would be rejected as part of the looking elsewhere guise

in a couple of days time bowens agent leaks another made up story that hull rejected arsenals approach because they value him at 20m

at some point of the window someone buys bowen for 18m, the player got his move, arsenal got the player they actually wanted, hull got an extra 8m and the agent got his slice of a bigger pie

its all bollocks

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

seriously though I think that's how the transfer market works

Jared Bowen is worth 10m

His agent leaks to the press a made up story that arsenal are thinking about bidding 12m

they're not, they are currently getting hard balled by ajax over ziyech who is the player they really want, arsenal's representatives don't mind the bowen link because it puts pressure on ziyech's agent to force the deal through, they've already gone as far as bid for Zaha knowing it would be rejected as part of the looking elsewhere guise

in a couple of days time bowens agent leaks another made up story that hull rejected arsenals approach because they value him at 20m

at some point of the window someone buys bowen for 18m, the player got his move, arsenal got the player they actually wanted, hull got an extra 8m and the agent got his slice of a bigger pie

its all bollocks

I think that’s exactly how it works

I was actually reflecting yesterday that it might not be the worst idea for us to sign another three centre-backs, two for the first team, and then another who can also play at right-back, as I'm not sure we have enough cover there, and also because we don't really know if Chester is ever going to be the same player again. One thing about Stephens is that he can ofer us cover as both a central-defender and as a right-back, and not only that but also as a defensive-midfielder - he's apparently very good on the ball. That said I have my doubts about this link, as with above could very well just be work of his agent trying to drum up interest in his client.

its interesting to think that 2019/20 season, will be the first season (roughly) in the last 10 years where our owners are really pumping money in to the squad and future of the club.

There must be numerous villa supporters where their only real experience of Villa is the Lerner years, our decline, relegation and the Xia debacle, i do feel for anyone in that boat, at least with the terrible decade or more we have had, i have some memory of the early to mid 90s when we did well. (and the O'Neill era where we did ok - although for money spent probably not as well as we should have done).

i dont count the 16/17 season as that was really a desperation splurge and terrible signings to try and get us promoted, i also dont count the 15/16 season as we spent 60m but made 58m in sales.

since 08/09 and possibly 09/10 seasons we havent had a "net" spend of more than 20m in a transfer window.......shocking really.

It really shows how Villa hasn't been invested in for a long long time, so glad things are looking up......

the current spend for this transfer window, is our biggest NET outlay since 08/09, and is certain to be our biggest ever outlay, probably more than double our biggest ever NET outlay.

NET Spend on transfers-

19/20 : 45m (to current date)

18/19 : 3m

17/18 : -14m (received 14m more than we spent)

16/17 : 37m (splurge post relegation season in desperation to get promoted, some terrible signings)

15/16 : 1m

14/15 : 11m

13/14 : 10m

12/13 : 22m

11/12 : -20m (received 20m more than we spent)

10/11 : 7m

09/10 : 23m

08/09 : 44m

07/08 : 6m

06/07 : 21m

05/06 : 9m

04/05 : 5m

so excluding this season, our NET transfer spend over the last 15 YEARS is something like £162 million.

So in theory if we hit the 100 million barrier this transfer window, we will have spent 62% of the equivalent net transfer spend of the last 15 years total, in ONE transfer window.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1