Pre-Match Thread

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Just bought x2 tickets for myself  and my missus but will have sit in Stoke End (South Stand next to the Villa Fans lol for Stoke vs Villa on Saturday  

Need keep my emotions in check during game.

My first football game since just before the stroke - Preston vs Villa late Dec 18. Excited it's great to be able go back out to  game for once and not on scouting assignment  this time but hoping do that in few weeks.

Take care - I hope the team do the business for you.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Need keep my emotions in check during game.

Enjoy the day, but I'm finding the above easier and easier to do these days.

• Haha 2

Hard to see anything but a loss here really.

Its the championship so anything could happen. Lose heavily here and Dean will be walking on egg shells with both the fans and the board I imagine. He's got to show us something sooner or later, just a glimmer of hope that he knows how to fix this problem and that the players are actually buying into what he's bringing to the table.

We are looking light in midfield for this one. Grealish out, Carroll out, McGinn suspended. 

Hopefully, we go with:

Kalanic (if fit, otherwise Steer)

Hutton Elphick Mings Hause

Whelan

Green Ramsey Hourihane ElGhazi

Abramah

I've not heard much about Chester but if he's fit I would put him in place of Elphick. *EDIT* I've just seen on the OS Twitter that Chester is out too. So the above team it is. 

Edited by Herman22

Depressingly I think we will get absolutely humped in this game.

Even more depressingly I am going to the game.

The only small bit of light in this is that our midfield have been absent since December, and so actually being physically absent in this game may not be much different.

5 hours ago, smg said:

Yeah because Stoke are on such a good run themselves.

You are right. They're honking as well.

I'll be annoyed if Smith lines up 433 and we get thumped again

As has been pointed out, we look horribly light in the middle - but only trying to play pretty football. 3421 with narrow-ish players behind Tammy could work as I've been crying about for ages.

Want to see Smith try something.