Pre-Match Thread

OutByEaster?

Quietly expecting a loss here. I hope we at least put up a fight and try to out score them. I just can’t see this run of poor results finishing today.

I would go:

Kalinic

Hutton      Mings    Elphick     Hause

El Ghazi  Ramsey   Hourihane   Green

Abraham    Kodjia

... McGinn is suspended isn’t he? If not I’d pop him in too.

Worth giving Ramsey a start I think, and go attacking and hope we can score some goals. 

Edited by alreadyexists

28 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Quietly expecting a loss here. I hope we at least put up a fight and try to out score them. I just can’t see this run of poor results finishing today.

I would go:

Kalinic

Abraham    Kodjia

Worth giving Ramsey a start I think, and go attacking and hope we can score some goals. 

Ramsey and Hourihane as central midfield is a huge ask for Ramsey in his first start, Hourihane looks right off his game at the mo. 

I'd go...

Kalinic

Whelan

Abraham

If Ramsey and Hourihane start...

Midifeld will be key regardless and it doesn't look like we have enough there. Hopefully we put in a performance, play like the first half an hour against the baggies and we'll be fine. Be hard with no McGinn....

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would go:

Kalinic

Abraham    Kodjia

Mcginn definitely out

• Sad 1

I guess you could say 4-2-3-1 like this:

------------------------------------Kalinic----------------------------------

Hutton------------Elphick--------------Mings------------Hause

-----------------------Whelan-------------Hourihane---------------

Elmohamady---------------Kodjia--------------------El Ghazi

----------------------------------Abraham------------------------------

But that forward three behind Abraham aren't going to give a lot of support to Hourihane and Whelan - and Hourihane and Whelan are already out manned.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Whelan and hourihane in cm. god help us

Doesn't strike anyone with confidence does it. If the midfield doesn't get overrun from start, it will from.the 30th min. God. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skruff said:

Doesn't strike anyone with confidence does it. If the midfield doesn't get overrun from start, it will from.the 30th min. God. 

Joe Allen is going to have a field day against them two. I would hav3 considered bjarnasson for this

On 17/02/2019 at 14:15, Davkaus said:

Without McGinn,  I can't imagine what kind of Midfield we're putting out. May as well play 5-0-5.

I thought it was.....for weeks, now.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Steer in for Kolinic?

Oop. Didn't notice that!

In a way, I feel better about Kalinic if his head injury was bad enough to keep him out of this one. I had suspicions that it was one that was as much about embarrassment as the knock. I'm happier knowing he was hurt than thinking he might be weak.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Steer in for Kolinic?

Looked ok second half after Kalinic got a knock, be very interesting to see how we actually line up. Whelan is the key for us, if he has a good game we might be alright, looks to me though that either 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 the Whelan Hourihane pair is the weakest link, Stoke will boss midifeld if either of those two don't really put in a good shift.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're going to need Abraham to do a really good job of holding the ball and bringing those three into the game - that'll be difficult against Stoke, but a long game might see us get at them. We'll need to try and stop Joe Allen dominating.

That means marking

That is the biggest ask of anyone in this squad.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're going to need Abraham to do a really good job of holding the ball and bringing those three into the game - that'll be difficult against Stoke, but a long game might see us get at them. We'll need to try and stop Joe Allen dominating.

Going long might have to be the plan today

• Like 1

I suppose it could be a five at the back with Hutton on the right hand side of three and Elmohamady on the right. That might give us more bodies in the middle of the park. Can't see it though.

At the moment, looking at that line up, our chances might depend on how hard Kodjia works in chasing their midfield. 

What could possibly go wrong?