Pre-Match Thread

OutByEaster?

Well I'm prepared for the two midfielders to struggle getting the ball to transition from defence to attack. Our widemen or full backs to be forced out wide where they run into cul de sacs or sends crosses into oblivion . And Tammy to be marked out of the game. 

And off course to be overrun when we don't have the ball, as only half of the players lined up puts in a shift. 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I suppose it could be a five at the back with Hutton on the right hand side of three and Elmohamady on the right. That might give us more bodies in the middle of the park. Can't see it though.

At the moment, looking at that line up, our chances might depend on how hard Kodjia works in chasing their midfield. 

What could possibly go wrong?

not very would be my guess

After reading the bbc website I didn't realise we were the only team not score an away goal in 2019

I'm expecting 2-0 or 3-0 to Stoke

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I had it as El Ghazi playing down the middle with Elmo and Kodjia wide.. Might be wrong. Would love to see that though. 

I was thinking Kodjia central with El Ghazi wide - could be your shout though, I think either are interesting but both need a really solid two behind them and we haven't got it.

• Like 1

Could be a 4-1-3-2 as well, Whelan behind Elmo, Hourihane and El Ghazi with Codger and Tammy up top. I think we'd need the Whelan from 8 years ago for that to work though. I think we'll need Ramsey as an extra body in midfield if we don't want to just lump it forwards from the back all afternoon.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was thinking Kodjia central with El Ghazi wide - could be your shout though, I think either are interesting but both need a really solid two behind them and we haven't got it.

Either way i'd be happy with. We have not had anyone close to abraham since jack got injured. Its key for us

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Going long might have to be the plan today

do you mean travelling to stoke via Manchester?....and missing the ****

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1