The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Why do the BBC keep airing Sunak's opinions about cricket? It's a rhetorical question of course, and the bolded part can stand alone, but it's annoying as ****. I don't care he has to say about anything, let alone elite sport.

Does he appear to know anything about cricket? I only ask because he seems to know the square root of f*** all about anything any normal person may care about. He just embarrasses himself when he tries to be normal, so long may he continue because he comes across as totally false and that resonates badly.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Does he appear to know anything about cricket? I only ask because he seems to know the square root of f*** all about anything any normal person may care about. He just embarrasses himself when he tries to be normal, so long may he continue because he comes across as totally false and that resonates badly.

No he just said the other day he’s enjoying the cricket at Lords and now today he’s quoted as saying it’s “not cricket” about a controversial incident.

Just utterly pointless to have his opinion about it.

10 hours ago, bickster said:

He used to take the field regularly for his school team, standing in admirably as a stump.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Are you trying to tell me that short clip of him filling up ‘his car’ at the petrol station A couple of years ago was stage-managed ?shame on your own?

just an average man in the street who has made it to prime minister

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He used to take the field regularly for his school team, standing in admirably as a stump.

Bowlers must have loved him as he bailed them out all the time

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Presenter chris hughes was told his comment was not "appropriate" by bbc chiefs when he said to Australian bowler  maitlan brown the following comment was "your a little barbie yourself with your blue eyes"

What the hells wrong with that? 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Presenter chris hughes was told his comment was not "appropriate" by bbc chiefs when he said to Australian bowler  maitlan brown the following comment was "your a little barbie yourself with your blue eyes"

You mean apart from it being sexist and patronising?

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe it's because he used the possessive.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is that you, Andrew? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sexist because you have blue eyes? Jesus if thats sexist then this world is truly ****. 

I watched this live at the time and it came across as really creepy and downright awkward, at best. The tone of the interview was more like he was trying to get her phone number than actually interview as a professional sportswoman she is. 

Just now, jones1328 said:

I watched this live at the time and it came across as really creepy and downright awkward, at best. The tone of the interview was more like he was trying to get her phone number than actually interview as a professional sportswoman she is. 

I thought it weird that a guy off love island is presenting the cricket for the BBC.

From what I read the lady said she’d just been to see the Barbie Film, and he then said you’re a bit of a Barbie yourself with those blue eyes. A bit creepy, but not a big deal either in my opinion. 

Its like a triumvirate of things I don't give a **** about, Barbie, Cricket and bellends off Love Island and even I can see its inappropriate for a sports interviewer to be asking that.

• Like 3

It's not like it's a hate crime, but @Demitri_C, how do you think you'd get on calling an accomplished professional, perhaps one of your colleagues or an external client "a little barbie" in your workplace?

It's incredibly patronising. I'm not sure I'd stretch to sexist, personally but "not appropriate" is more than fair.

Â