The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

BBC News issues damning correction after pushing pro-Israel lies about Palestinian supporters

BBC News issues damning correction after pushing pro-Israel lies about Palestinian supporters

BBC News had to issue an on-air correction after it branded pro-Palestine marches in the UK as being ‘pro-Hamas’ – twice.

However, it was just that – a correction; in no way was it an apology. Moreover, it came against a backdrop of ongoing BBC bias towards Israel and against Gaza and the Palestinians.

When are pro-Palestine supporters pro-Hamas? When the BBC says so

During a live broadcast on Monday 16 October, BBC anchor Samantha Simmonds said:

Here in the UK, the prime minister Rishi Sunak… visited a Jewish school in London to underline his support for the community. The visit followed several demonstrations across Britain during which people voiced their backing for Hamas, which many countries including the UK and US consider a terrorist organisation.

"Here in the UK Sunak visited a Jewish school in London to underline his support for the community. The visit followed several demonstrations across Britain during which people voiced their backing for Hamas"

BBC News. No words. pic.twitter.com/Va9KcU8TKY

The demonstrations Simmonds was referring to were, of course, pro-Palestinian ones. As the Canary previously reported:

Tens of thousands of people across the UK took to the streets in support of Palestine. Whilst many of the rallies successfully provided space for Palestinian voices, some were marred by antagonistic policing…

As Israel continued bombing Gaza, Palestinian solidarity groups across the country called for rallies on 14 October. The biggest and most significant of these was in London, where an estimated more than 100,000 people turned out.

However, not to let facts get in the way of some well-placed propaganda – BBC News host Maryam Moshiri repeated the broadcaster’s claim later on 16 October:

Obviously more within the link

• Like 1

On 26/09/2019 at 21:17, mjmooney said:

Currently showing on BBC4 - "Spitfire", a feature-length documentary about the legendary fighter. I'm a military history fan, so I'm interested, but... coincidental timing? The first scene has a current RAF officer talking about how it stands for Britain's freedom and stand against foreign tyranny. A few minutes later, a clip from the old Leslie Howard film "First of The Few" - a character saying "The government carries out the will of the people - or at least it's SUPPOSED TO..." 

Maybe I'm just cynical... 

The above was posted in response to the BBC showing a Spitfire documentary on the eve of the 2019 GE, when Brexit was such an issue. 

Last night, the BBC showed a documentary about Adolf Eichmann, the holocaust, and Eichmann's 1961 trial in Israel. 

Coincidence? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Coincidence? 

Almost certainly.

There’s some really good and interesting stuff on BBC4, but quite a bit of it covers stuff which in one way or another can tenuously be connected with the news on any given day or period.

• Like 1

Although having said that, I really hate the BBC are currently reporting on the genocide on the news on BBC 6 music.  

They talk about the bombing and genocide and humanitarian crisis going on, but then 'balance' this up by continually, every broadcast, reminding us that this is in response to Hamas murdering and kidnapping Israeli people 2 weeks ago.  

We know.  It's like they're trying to justify these murderous Israeli actions.  

2 hours ago, Jon said:

We know.  It's like they're trying to justify these murderous Israeli actions.  

I think they're trying to play neutral. Not get too much stick off the Israeli gov't media monitors, the UK Gov't likewise and the general public who are appalled by what Israel is doing (and what Hamas did 2 weeks ago). I don't think they're trying to "justify" anything. If ( I know...) someone had been out of contact with the news for the past 2 weeks and just saw the coverage of Israel's [IMO war crimes] they'd want to know "what triggered this?"

If you look at Ukraine, for example, they sometimes say, even now "in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine on 24 Feb 2022 [such and such an action has been taken]"

I think I’ve been watching a series of programmes on 4 around the Nuremberg trials and Nazi hunting and I’m pretty sure the theme started prior to the current horror story unfolding. I think a look at the schedules might show they’ve been going 3 or 4 weeks.

Which only goes to show the BBC must have known in advance.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think I’ve been watching a series of programmes on 4 around the Nuremberg trials and Nazi hunting and I’m pretty sure the theme started prior to the current horror story unfolding. I think a look at the schedules might show they’ve been going 3 or 4 weeks.

So about the time the Tory conference started, you're saying...?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Which only goes to show the BBC must have known in advance.

Richard Madeley admits Anne Hegerty beef as he ‘lets slip’ The Chase ...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Kuenssberg has had an epiphany in her month away. I expect it won’t last but she seems to have gone all Vic Derbyshire on a Oliver Dowden not answering a simple question. He appeared somewhat shell shocked.

Shes definitely been watching the show and the reactions to it whilst she was off.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

It appears that Kuenssberg has had an epiphany in her month away. I expect it won’t last but she seems to have gone all Vic Derbyshire on a Oliver Dowden not answering a simple question. He appeared somewhat shell shocked.

Shes definitely been watching the show and the reactions to it whilst she was off.

We can but hope. With the advent of Tory TV ala GB News and Talk TV, it is more important than ever that power be held to account by mainstream media.

Edited by meregreen

Carol Vorderman has revealed she is leaving a role within the BBC after breaching the organisation’s new social media guidelines.

The former Countdown presenter explained she would no longer host her Saturday morning show on BBC Radio Wales as she was “not prepared to lose her voice on social media” – a platform she has increasingly used to speak out against the current Tory government in recent years.

Huffington Post

Â