The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

29p per week

How much have your other services gone up?

Exactly the point 

You can say 29p per week but it all adds up. It might not seem much to you. But people struggling with food, electric, gas, petrol, low wages to add to eveything else thats a big increase 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly the point 

You can say 29p per week but it all adds up. It might not seem much to you. But people struggling with food, electric, gas, petrol, low wages to add to eveything else thats a big increase 

Inflation affects the BBC too

Its gone from £3.06 per week to £3.35 a week

29p is about half the price of a bag of carrots from Lidl

Just now, bickster said:

Inflation affects the BBC too

Yeah i know thats the reason but the whole formats wrong.

I mean only bbc show i watch is dragons den and maybe apprentice. 

I dont watch anything else or listen to radio stations. Also as we know their news coverage is very biased. 

Personally do hope they abolish the whole thing and come up with a new way. Whether thats ads, subscription to those that want bbc or something else.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont watch anything else or listen to radio stations. Also as we know their news coverage is very biased. 

Personally do hope they abolish the whole thing and come up with a new way. Whether thats ads, subscription to those that want bbc or something else.

Whichever way that is will cost you more money or degrade the service (or both)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whichever way that is will cost you more money or degrade the service (or both)

Only if you want the service which ill happily not have

Just sky sports if you dont pay you dont get it. Of course the bbc wont go for that as id imagine they would lose so much money

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you watch or record any live TV at all? If not, or if you do but only a little, I'd suggest you stop watching anything live on any device at home, stick to streaming, cancel your TV licence DD, and notify them you don't need it. 

No good moaning about it when cancelling it is a very viable option now, especially when you may have subs for Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc...if you don't need it, cancel it. 

25 minutes ago, hogso said:

Do you watch or record any live TV at all? If not, or if you do but only a little, I'd suggest you stop watching anything live on any device at home, stick to streaming, cancel your TV licence DD, and notify them you don't need it. 

No good moaning about it when cancelling it is a very viable option now, especially when you may have subs for Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc...if you don't need it, canc

I dont watch any live tv. Only thing i will watch is maybe on catchup but i think you still have to pay the license fee based on that.

I thought tv license was so you can watch whether its live streamed etc?

The BBC is essential to the proper running of the state.

How else are we to know what they actually want us to think, and how else could they rewrite history for the better enlightenment of our children?

A lot of people don't like the BBC because they resent the manipulation but that is its raison d'etre.

Sadly it has lost the subtlety which it used to excel at and these days tends to raise a middle digit to its critics and the hated gammons.

Their latest piece of cultural vandalism is a woke version of Enid Blyton's The Famous Five.

If it is as terrible as their updated version of Dr Who, it will surely be a huge pile of steaming ordure.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

It's a tough one isn't it - the government will want to maintain the BBC as a respected and trusted source of news and opinion that they can influence to their will, but will also be extremely uncomfortable with the idea of anything being successful and publicly owned. Defund and disarm, but make sure the BBC report it as progress.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The new Polish government have shut down one of the national broadcaster’s highly politicised channels today and are now on air announcing something along the lines of it’s just been a propaganda machine under PiS.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67772070

Polish state TVP Info channel off air as Tusk reforms kick in

On 04/12/2023 at 10:47, Demitri_C said:

I dont watch anything else or listen to radio stations. 

For **** sake. Just go listen to the WM football phone in. It's worth the annual fee for that alone 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2023 at 09:41, Demitri_C said:

License fee going up £15 apparently 

Yay 

The BBC enjoyed an income of £5.73bn in 2023 and only £3.74bn (65%) was contributed by the licence fee.

In the end you have to decide whether you prefer your news and propaganda, to be chosen by the establishment or advertisers and commercial interests.

Neither can be considered entirely benign.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The BBC enjoyed an income of £5.73bn in 2023 and only £3.74bn (65%) was contributed by the licence fee.

In the end you have to decide whether you prefer your news and propaganda, to be chosen by the establishment or advertisers and commercial interests.

Neither can be considered entirely benign.

Not exactly, we need a government prepared to hand the BBC it's impartiality back, proper impartiality... I suspect the wait will be some time

• Like 3

Â