The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Maybe it's me, there's every chance I'm missing the nuance of the results - but the words the BBC have put next to them don't seem to relate entirely to the numbers that are coming in.

It started from the first results in last night when there's not really much to say.

The BBC prog that started at 11:30, every Labour or Tory loss basically resulted in the labour or tory spokes bod saying it was a message to get on with brexit.

This morning on the radio, same story, leave parties labour, tory and ukip are down on support, this is apparently a clear message from the public to get on with it.

Liars. Idiots. And idiotic liars.

• Like 2

I'm guessing they'll justify that as QT being impartial due to its having a variety of political figures on at a time so is 'unbiased', whereas HIGNFY is an un-countered platform. Except that HIGNFY isn't really a show for making a political platform.

Regardless, it's obvious there's a rotten core at the BBC. Probably helps when one of your senior political programme figures is a little friendly with the far right.

• Like 1

There has been an interesting reaction in America to Andrew Neil interviewing Ben Shapiro, who ended up throwing a strop and accusing Neil of being a leftist (:lol:) then walking out.  The state of their news and politics coverage must be frighteningly bad if this bell end has managed to forge a career without being able to answer remotely probing questions.

On 11/05/2019 at 10:37, Chindie said:

I'm guessing they'll justify that as QT being impartial due to its having a variety of political figures on at a time so is 'unbiased', whereas HIGNFY is an un-countered platform. Except that HIGNFY isn't really a show for making a political platform.

Regardless, it's obvious there's a rotten core at the BBC. Probably helps when one of your senior political programme figures is a little friendly with the far right.

I just think that justification is fair. Farage wasn't the only politician on Question Time. Allen would have been the only politician on HIGNFY, which isn't a show for making a platform, but clearly does help politicians develop a reputation for being funny/relatable/down-to-earth etc as Boris Johnson proved, and which could plausibly be considered free advertising this close to an election.

The question of whether Farage should be on the BBC as much as he is is a separate and better discussion. 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2019 at 10:20, bickster said:

Bearing in mind I think Farage should be no-platformed and the BBC are a complete shambles, this is still nonsense. HIGNFY isn't a political debate show, it's an entertainment vehicle. Different rules apply.

I mean to be honest having a prominent MP from any of our political parties, no matter how insignificant, on a show like that should be considered a complete no-no in the first place seeing as vast swathes of the public tend to vote on personality alone rather than actual policy. The right choice was made here. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Radio 4 news bulletins, on the hour.

Happily perpetuating this weird myth that the Brexit Party was formed 6 weeks ago. I mean, it's a lie their's just no point in perpetuating, it's impressive they were formed 6 wonths ago, where's the need to bullshit that in to 6 weeks?

It was formed in November, in January they were boasting about the number of donations, by late January they were boasting they had a million pound in the bank, they registered at the start of February.

But the BBC are happy to state as fact on the news that they were formed 6 weeks ago.

Clearly they don't have access to google so just get all their facts direct from Farage. But as ever, it just undermines the whole thing, where is the actual journalism, the fact checking, the straight lack of bias? Why repeat verbatum the words of proven charlatans? It makes me presume everything else must be rubbish too if I have better fact checking than the BBC.

• Like 4

Â