The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

23 minutes ago, blandy said:

Start a sentence with a capital letter.

It's "Its'", not "it's".

There should only be one space between "standards" and "declined".

Must do better.

I dumbed it down for all you Northerners on here :P 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Start a sentence with a capital letter.

It's "Its'", not "it's".

There should only be one space between "standards" and "declined".

Must do better.

I like that you went easy on @tonyh29 and didn’t ridicule his Queens English being the English of Queens.

He’d never take in every lesson if you listed every fault.

I think you’d be a very gentle teacher…

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Meh, BBC Radio 4 had a programme on yesterday about poetry that stated competitive poetry recital was a shocking new thing invented in Chicago in the 1980’s.

As I said to my mate at the Eisteddfod back in 1150AD, I think that might be bollocks.

I don’t know if the BBC is having a real crash in standards, or more likely, us having more instant access to fact checking just shows up they were only ever an opinion peddling device.  

The standards at the bbc are awful to be fair. Try and read an article on their website to the end, I don’t bother with it anymore. 
Special dispensation goes to bbc 4 which can be decent at times. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I look forward to Dan Walkers Yorkshire, Dan Walkers walks in Yorkshire, Driving in Yorkshire with Dan Walker and cruising in Yorkshire with Dan Walker.

Well be thankfull it wasn't Ch4, Threesomes with Dan Walker, Naked Picnics with Dan Walker, Dan Walker's Naughty Side...

• Haha 3

It is difficult to make the case, as to why the BBC should continue to exist.

It was originally sponsored by Lord Northcliffe, an enthusiastic fascist and owner of the Daily Mail.

The BBC was formed into a corporation after managing to appear neutral during the 1926 General Strike, during which it banned the Labour Party from broadcasting.

John Reith was knighted for his services to the government, as it was the government's decision to go back on the gold standard, which led to the strike.

It is still under government control, as its multi-billion pound tax on the population, could be abolished if they were to reveal themselves to be hostile to whatever party was in power.

Its pronouncements are just as much considered to reflect the policy of the government of the day, as Russia Today is assumed to be.

The BBC's history of political bias shows that it is the main plank of the state's propaganda apparatus and is an unaccountable and corrupt institution, which is well past the time when it had a reason to exist.

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It is difficult to make the case, as to why the BBC should continue to exist.

It was originally sponsored by Lord Northcliffe, an enthusiastic fascist and owner of the Daily Mail.

The BBC was formed into a corporation after managing to appear neutral during the 1926 General Strike, during which it banned the Labour Party from broadcasting.

John Reith was knighted for his services to the government, as it was the government's decision to go back on the gold standard, which led to the strike.

It is still under government control, as its multi-billion pound tax on the population, could be abolished if they were to reveal themselves to be hostile to whatever party was in power.

Its pronouncements are just as much considered to reflect the policy of the government of the day, as Russia Today is assumed to be.

The BBC's history of political bias shows that it is the main plank of the state's propaganda apparatus and is an unaccountable and corrupt institution, which is well past the time when it had a reason to exist.

You got to let that general strike go. It's done. It was nearly 100 years ago, she isn't coming back. 

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting to see that Aunty doesn't have any news updates on a certain Tory Peer who had their house raided by police investigating a £200M fraud. The last reference to her on their website is a non-contentious article from 2017. 
Plenty other news outlets reporting it so I wonder why not the Beeb?

• Like 3

I literally watch two shows on bbc dragons den and motd. Oh and apprentice when its on. Other than that i dont watch it at all or listen to the radio.

Id happily scramble my bbc channels if it meant i dodnt have to pay the license fee

• Like 1

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Interesting to see that Aunty doesn't have any news updates on a certain Tory Peer who had their house raided by police investigating a £200M fraud. The last reference to her on their website is a non-contentious article from 2017. 
Plenty other news outlets reporting it so I wonder why not the Beeb?

Yes, very odd. I can only assume they're still a bit nervous from the Cliff Richard story for which they were handsomely sued. A bit strange though when it was all over every other news site. It's not been a good year or two for her, the rancid bitch.

Â