The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

To be crystal clear, I'm not asking for 'a hatchet job', nor am I under the impression that the BBC Political Editor's job is to put out articles I agree with, or to set out to undermine the Prime Minister.

What I am saying is that her method of writing this article has produced 'anti information', ie 'information' that the reader cannot evaluate for veracity. People reading that article know less about whether he lies at the end of it than they did at the start, because they have read the opinions of multiple interested parties but cannot know how biased or reliable they are.

If there were no other way to write this story, then she simply shouldn't have written the story. However, I don't believe there was no other way to write this story. Peter Oborne, for instance, has written an entire book about times Johnson has lied. Now, I haven't read his book, and his book is not the gospels, so allies of Johnson might be able to make persuasive arguments as to why what he says is wrong or misrepresents Johnson or whatever. Fine - that's the actual debate. If she presented both sides of that argument, 'balance' wouldn't be a problem, because she would be presenting a 'balanced' view of the actual substance.

Instead we have 'balance' as presented through the views of 20 anonymous sources. It's absolute trash.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Who can still attempt to claim that the BBC isn't the propaganda arm of the Tory party?

https://www.ft.com/content/82a54037-501d-457b-b8f4-35744c85ec9b

an intervention by a BBC board member with close ties to Downing Street stalled a senior editorial appointment on political grounds. 

Sir Robbie Gibb, communications director to Theresa May when she was prime minister, tried to block the preferred candidate to oversee the BBC’s news channels because the appointment would shatter relations with the government

• Like 2

REPORTING Scotland is more critical of the Scottish Government than the UK-wide News at Six is of the UK Government, research carried out by The National found.

Political stories put out on both evening news programmes were monitored from June 28 to July 2 and categorised by their framing towards each government.

Nine stories from the News at Six, and 11 stories from Reporting Scotland, were separated based on whether they were framed in a negative/critical, neutral or positive way. Negative or critical framing tended to lead with ministers or individuals being “accused of”, having to “defend” or “facing criticism”.

While three of Reporting Scotland’s 11 political stories during the period were negative/critical of the Scottish Government, not a single News at Six package had a negative framing towards the UK Government....

Most political items on the UK-wide News at Six were neutral towards the UK Government – these included Sajid Javid saying we need to learn to live with Covid, the Prime Minister setting out changes to restrictions, compromise over the Northern Ireland protocol, changes to furlough and Labour winning the Batley and Spen by-election, which included comments from Boris Johnson

The National

• 5 weeks later...

Nicholas Witchell, BBC’s royal kiss arse, just asked who do you believe, the man in this photo, or the woman?

Well, Nick, the photo shows a middle aged man on a visit to his sex offender mate, and a minor, or a child, or a 17 year old, or a girl.

But you frame it how you think you should, as BBC royal correspondent.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Nicholas Witchell, BBC’s royal kiss arse, just asked who do you believe, the man in this photo, or the woman?

Well, Nick, the photo shows a middle aged man on a visit to his sex offender mate, and a minor, or a child, or a 17 year old, or a girl.

The sycophancy of all media outlets in this country to that disfunctional family is quite nauseating.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, that's one biased take on it, but let me remind you that this is actually a middle aged man, only visiting his sex offender mate due to how royally honourable he is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So the week of a Shadow Cabinet resuffle and no Labour representative invited onto the BBC's flagship Sunday politics programme...

Then you have

Which has been discussed elsewhere but right at the end of that clip, does Marr pick up Raab on his ludicrous notion that the Police don't investigate crimes retrospectively? No, he actually offers him a helping hand with the word that Raab coundn't quite grasp (restrospectively) and brushes the whole comment aside in one easy motion.

I'm bloody glad he's going, I just don't expect anyone remotely better will replace him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Isn't the timing of this a little odd? With all the Tory back stabbing and leaks to the media I guess it's only a matter of time before something is released showing just how "impartial" she really was.

I thought the same last week but it was pointed out to me that she announced it much earlier in the year

Agree with the impartiality though, she never came close to the benchmark

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

I thought the same last week but it was pointed out to me that she announced it much earlier in the year

Agree with the impartiality though, she never came close to the benchmark

I didn't know it'd already been announced either. Thanks for letting me know.

Andrew Marr left the BBC yesterday too (also previously announced)

I wonder where he'll pop up next to not ask the obvious question that needs asking and not press any member of the Conservative Party to give a straight answer

(actually, I don't care at all)

• Like 1

Â