Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think he’s a world beater now? He’s having a good season in a newly promoted side. I’d be amazed if he repeats it next season 

No, i don't think he is a world beater.....but i think he is a competent, consistent, operator.

• Like 3

Our midfield by not being aggressive make the entire back 4 vulnerable.

Defending starts with the forwards chasing things down. Then the midfield winning the 2nd ball. We dont do that.

Which then means the defenders are overloaded constantly.

• Like 4

On 05/03/2020 at 18:15, Tom13 said:

Jesus. If Guilbert has been playing in PL 6 months and doesn't know how to gesture/say he wants to pass on a man at a corner, I'd be worried.

I’ve been in that exact position working abroad in the heat of the moment when not that strong in the local language so I’m not at all worried about him. It’s normal. It just means things should have been planned better in advance, but I can easily see how it would happen with a million things going on and 40,000 people yelling at you.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

No, i don't think he is a world beater.....but i think he is a competent, consistent, operator.

I agree but it’s taken him eight years in English football to get there. Our fans don’t have the patience to give some players eight months before we decide they aren’t up to it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree but it’s taken him eight years in English football to get there. Our fans don’t have the patience to give some players eight months before we decide they aren’t up to it.

Then same people moan about having no long term planning

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Our midfield by not being aggressive make the entire back 4 vulnerable.

Defending starts with the forwards chasing things down. Then the midfield winning the 2nd ball. We dont do that.

Which then means the defenders are overloaded constantly.

It really isn't rocket science is it?   spot on.

When you look at the goals we've scored we should be mid table.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

When Stevens was Guilbert's age he had failed at Aston Villa and was playing in League 2. He's done well since and come back up the leagues as part of a good team.

If we swapped Fred for George Baldock the Sheff U RWB, you'd be looking on at Fred with jealousy saying look how aggressive he is going to win the ball, while annoyed at Baldock struggling here because we don't have a midfield.

your right, we don't have a midfield.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Then same people moan about having no long term planning

The trick is......short, medium and long term plans....you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The trick is......short, medium and long term plans....you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

well our short term plan was promotion this season

• Haha 1

Enda Stevens has done amazing to end up where he is now, but he was miles and years away from that level when he was with us.

A late bloomer who took the long way round to end up in the PL again. A couple of seasons in League 1 & 2 and then the Championship and now 5 years later he is in the PL. Good for him.

Does kinda show why I'd like us to keep guys like Callum O'hare and even Andre Green around for another couple of seasons. Especially since they are academy guys and not on massive contracts.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Enda Stevens has done amazing to end up where he is now, but he was miles and years away from that level when he was with us.

A late bloomer who took the long way round to end up in the PL again. A couple of seasons in League 1 & 2 and then the Championship and now 5 years later he is in the PL. Good for him.

Does kinda show why I'd like us to keep guys like Callum O'hare and even Andre Green around for another couple of seasons. Especially since they are academy guys and not on massive contracts.

Stevens always had technical ability but seemed lack the pace. Sheffield United system works for him perfectly

Probably nowhere near the list of worst full backs in the last 10 years

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well our short term plan was promotion this season

yes and what a plan that was, came to fruition, under difficult circumstances......now the challenge is the medium term plan of staying up.

fingers crossed, this week end has been kind to us.

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Stevens always had technical ability but seemed lack the pace. Sheffield United system works for him perfectly

Probably nowhere near the list of worst full backs in the last 10 years

The thing is the Sheff Utd system works for all the players....The way wilder has set it up, works for them all....round pegs and all that

He too has a well drilled , well organised, all action outfit, that don't give the opposition a minutes piece.....In my opinion, done something similar to what Ron Saunders did, not in terms of formation, but in terms of the characters, he has brought to the club....willing runners ,grafters that never stop and get in your face ,and can play a bit too, but still they have scored 4 goals less than us....kinda tells a story don't it.

Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in this division and yet we have illustrated, we are not bad at it.

16 hours ago, sne said:

Did he have a proper run with us anyway? I can't remember how many games he featured in but definitely almost nothing.

Â