Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

I love the guy but it's a racing certainly imo that he will be sent off a couple of times this season, he is so keen to win the ball that there always seems to be a few rash challenges. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think he got forward quite as often as he normally does today, and his crossing which is normally very good indeed was a bit off at times, but he is looking every bit a PL fullback, ridiculous to think we only paid £3/4m for kid. 

Very good bit of business. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I didn't think he got forward quite as often as he normally does today, and his crossing which is normally very good indeed was a bit off at times, but he is looking every bit a PL fullback, ridiculous to think we only paid £3/4m for kid. 

Very good bit of business. 

Still got himself an assist. 

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Still got himself an assist. 

Indeed, I wasn't criticising him, just saying I didn't think he was at his best. The kid is a good player though

8 hours ago, hippo said:

Hmmmm - I think defensively he is pretty poor. There no 20 was strolling past him today.

I think Solly March is a very talented footballer, I also think the same of Guilbert, very solid, gritty, takes no prisoners on the pitch 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Solly March is a very talented footballer, I also think the same of Guilbert, very solid, gritty, takes no prisoners on the pitch 

Really ? - I think he looks a bit of a fairy to be honest.

All footballers are talented at this level. Brighton are one of the lesser lights in the prem. He will have tougher openonents in the coming weeks.

Needs a bit of work when to hold off. He's so quick and keen to get the ball that on occasions he gets properly mugged and sells himself one-on-one, leaving us exposed.

Made an incredible difference to us going forward though. Really like his confidence on the ball.

Crossing can improve. Keep working on that.

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Given that he is 10 games into his career in English football I think he is doing very well. Like most of our players he will improve through exposure in games and coaching at BMH, remarkable that the later actually happens these days I know.

Yeah this. It is very early days in his Villa career and there are real signs of promise.

Once he gets used to the league and improves defensively we could have a real player on our hands.

• Like 1

Though he may not be perfect defensively, he’s already better than Elmo and Hutton and has plenty of development room. His blocking and tackling are generally decent and add that to his pace and willingness to get forward and actually put a good ball in, he’ll be just fine. 

• Like 3

Â