Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Respect for trying to speak English, we fans want to see players that try as well as the players with ability. 

Not captain Jack's finest hour though, unless Guilbert has asked him to talk slower, in which case I'd have no problem. It just seems a bit patronising, the way the questions are delivered. 

No idea why they brought the geezer back.

The guy must watch partridge reruns and model himself on him. It’s embarrassing. 

And his commentary, **** my life. 

LOVE guilbert. Glad we got to see one of his famous slide tackles the other day too. 🤤

Jack is a bell. Speaks nice slowly to help but then uses a question thats three sentences long, covers multiple aspects and he even throws in unnecessary words and idioms. Nice one.

• Like 3

I will say it again letting Jack Woodward back into his club after he was rightly let go before is troubling. A return to the Lerner amateur hour. It shows that the new regime is not holding the off field support services of the club to the same professional standard as the footballing side. Thats got to be depressing for our players. Imagine you are a professional athlete who wants to talk about your profession and then the club sends an amateur comedian to ask you embarrassing cliche's.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, May-Z said:

Jack is a bell. Speaks nice slowly to help but then uses a question thats three sentences long, covers multiple aspects and he even throws in unnecessary words and idioms. Nice one.

Right? Talks slowly as if to help the guy understand, then throws in a bunch of expressions and idioms that even Americans wouldn't know about and expects him to understand  :crylaugh: 

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

He wasn’t against Everton, played well that evening, one loss and people are already on his back 🙄

TBF you are correct - I didn't see the Everton game though. Watched most of pre season - though he looked adequate (ok going forward - defensively not so good) - yesterday Schlupp had the beating of him time after time - he seemed very edgy. 

On 31/08/2019 at 20:18, ciggiesnbeer said:

I will say it again letting Jack Woodward back into his club after he was rightly let go before is troubling. A return to the Lerner amateur hour. It shows that the new regime is not holding the off field support services of the club to the same professional standard as the footballing side. Thats got to be depressing for our players. Imagine you are a professional athlete who wants to talk about your profession and then the club sends an amateur comedian to ask you embarrassing cliche's.

I suspect he happily does all that work for about £5k a year and the privilege of staying in a Premier Inn with a clean Aston Villa duvet cover when we travel, without ever moaning or pulling a sickie. So the club may feel they get a pretty good deal out of it.

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I suspect he happily does all that work for about £5k a year and the privilege of staying in a Premier Inn with a clean Aston Villa duvet cover when we travel, without ever moaning or pulling a sickie. So the club may feel they get a pretty good deal out of it.

hd line GIF

• Haha 1

In pre season as well as in the game against Everton, he looked like a player that's come from Europe to set the world alight. Well coached, aggressive, tactically minded.

He surprised me very positively.

Against CP he looked like a player from a lower french side. Something I was afraid he might be when we first signed him. 

I honestly think that mentally & preparation wise, we were not good enough against Palace, and that reflected most on "less able", less experienced player like Guilbert.

41 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

In pre season as well as in the game against Everton, he looked like a player that's come from Europe to set the world alight. Well coached, aggressive, tactically minded.

He surprised me very positively.

Against CP he looked like a player from a lower french side. Something I was afraid he might be when we first signed him. 

I honestly think that mentally & preparation wise, we were not good enough against Palace, and that reflected most on "less able", less experienced player like Guilbert.

A lot of our players looked 'off it' and mentally unprepared against Palace. Mings in particular was all over the place in the first half, looking extremely shaky. It was bizarre all round.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A lot of our players looked 'off it' and mentally unprepared against Palace. Mings in particular was all over the place in the first half, looking extremely shaky. It was bizarre all round.

Absolutely. I think we just had a bad day in the office all around. Our worst game so far.

I just think it reflected most on the less experienced players.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't understand how Trez who looks undercooked for this league and tbh, his highlight reel or the Turkish league don't impress me much, not sure why he keeps getting a start

We were all over the place against Palace. Unprepared. Might have to chalk that defeat down to the coaching staff.

But it really is early days. And we have a window in January which might be rather busy.

Personally, I think Guilbert is going to be excellent for us.

Edited by AntrimBlack

On 31/08/2019 at 20:18, ciggiesnbeer said:

It’s the **** faux excitement commentary he does when we score. 

• Like 1

I like guilbert, yet he did make some errors I noticed which could of been very costly. Instead of clearing it on his side he short passed a few times right to our player but instead palace players picked it up. An excellent team would of made us pay for those silly mistakes and we would by rights be a couple goals down.

Our defence needs to learn to just hoof that ball up the pitch and make the opposition back right up again Into there own half, we can't be having these short passes landing into there lap in such dangerous places, it invites easy threats.

He also seems to want to shoot wasteful shots instead of passing it, he had done this on one occasion in the palace game where it could of been passed to many in front of him for better positioning on a shot.

But it's all part of what were going through all this learning, these are kinks he can sort out, hopefully quickly.

Edited by Dave-R

Â