Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, MotoMkali said:

I find it hard to believe we could find an upgrade on him for less than 50 million. 

I find it hard to believe we couldn't upgrade him for £50 after today. Slow, unaware and positionally shocking. The sooner him and Konsa are replaced the better. 

He's been decent at times but if there is one thing I hate, it's a player telling his teammates to calm down when he's putting them under pressure. 

48 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nah - keep Mings, new contract please - but on the understanding he may not be the main man in the years ahead. The guy is Villa through and through, would be mad not to hold onto him. 

yeh, i'd keep him as 1 of 4 central defenders fighting for the  2 spots, the problem right now is that he has zero competition, same for Konsa tbh.

I think 4 CD's of Mings, Konsa, Carlos and another (Torres type?), would be just fine, the problem now is just that our central defenders have no genuine competition for their places.

• Like 1

There's something about a defender when he always seems to be the last man that makes me think he's not doing something right. Today, it looked like he was playing sweeper but, in a back four. 

For me, Ty made too many errors today. It's a trait of his game to mark space rather than pick up someone. He did that today for Ihenacho's goal. He followed him into the box perfe tly, cleared the ball then, for some reason, ignored him and walked moved towards the near post to mark nobody and Ihenacho just pretty much stood and had a free header. I saw people blaming Digne but he was with another Villa player picking up two Leicester players at the back post. 

Far too many times I see Ty marking space. He's done it on corners, free kicks, crosses into the box etc. His job is to defend and stop players from scoring goals or creatinf them. Space doesn't score goals - players do. 

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

There's something about a defender when he always seems to be the last man that makes me think he's not doing something right. Today, it looked like he was playing sweeper but, in a back four. 

For me, Ty made too many errors today. It's a trait of his game to mark space rather than pick up someone. He did that today for Ihenacho's goal. He followed him into the box perfe tly, cleared the ball then, for some reason, ignored him and walked moved towards the near post to mark nobody and Ihenacho just pretty much stood and had a free header. I saw people blaming Digne but he was with another Villa player picking up two Leicester players at the back post. 

Far too many times I see Ty marking space. He's done it on corners, free kicks, crosses into the box etc. His job is to defend and stop players from scoring goals or creatinf them. Space doesn't score goals - players do. 

Didn’t really need to play Ihenacho onside when the ball came back in either 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

All over the place today. Needs replacing in the summer. Not good at playing from the back. That's going to be our identity from this point forward.

didn't see the game. haven't even seen the goals back. yet i would've bet every penny i had in the bank that there would've been at least one of these sorts of posts in the mings thread

i'm glad you're in the minority...sounded like the defence as a whole was all over the shop today not just mings

Â