Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Will need to see it again tomorrow but my first reaction was that 2 Fulham players walk in to our box past multiple midfielders, nobody picks them up or does anything, defensive shape isn't good, mings spots it gives a shout does some pointing and then puts himself in a bad position, I think come the end of the move he doesn't know where the Fulham attackers are or how to play that ball which also to be fair is fired at him

Expect the word "mistake" to come out again but again it's not a mistake, it's bad defending largely caused by him scrambling to cover other players bad defending

The Fulham player was allowed to waltz to the 6 yard box and fire the ball across at pace (Cash easily beaten), and with Fulham players attacking that cross both Konsa and Mings had to try and play it and just hope it didn't go in.

Wouldn't have blamed whichever CB got the touch

One thing that has come back to me that I will criticise him for, his yellow card kind of got lost in Luiz getting a red

That's a shit tackle, he's never getting that ball, utterly pointless and I hate seeing that, last few weeks now he's had some terrible fouls, not in that they're dangerous just in thtt he doesn't need to do it

But ad I've said elsewhere I think Gerrard has turned us in to a dirty team

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One thing that has come back to me that I will criticise him for, his yellow card kind of got lost in Luiz getting a red

That's a shit tackle, he's never getting that ball, utterly pointless and I hate seeing that, last few weeks now he's had some terrible fouls, not in that they're dangerous just in thtt he doesn't need to do it

But ad I've said elsewhere I think Gerrard has turned us in to a dirty team

Half dirty/half that our pressing scheme is nonexistent so players are constantly diving in for tackles late.

Per whoscored - 2nd in fouls only behind Leeds.

• Like 2

Mings is not a top international player but he is certainly one of our best players. He’s had a tough couple of games but over the course of the season so far, I’m struggling to think of any of our players who have been better. Would look to strengthen at right back, right centre back, left eight, right  eight, inside left, inside right or centre forward before coming for Mings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Mings is not a top international player but he is certainly one of our best players. He’s had a tough couple of games but over the course of the season so far, I’m struggling to think of any of our players who have been better. Would look to strengthen at right back, right centre back, left eight, right  eight, inside left, inside right or centre forward before coming for Mings.

This is what I keep telling people. The odd clanger is nothing compared to consistently toothless midfield and attack. That's not to say we shouldn't strive to improve all areas but this fixation on Mings as a scapegoat is ludicrous. The captaincy was taken away from him for no reason other than SG wanting a different choice for choice sake. Ultimately this has contributed significantly to his downfall.

• Like 4

Â