Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Here's my take on the Mings error.

• It starts with Ramsey losing his man; it was bad. Stay goal-side of him. It was embarrassing how Chilwell threw Ramsey.
  • Mings looks like he misread Chilwell's crappy lob pass for Aubameyang, who Mings was marking, as it was falling behind him.
  • Despite misreading, he got to the ball first, but it was a little behind him.
  • Somebody, forgot to mark Mount, who should have been marking Mount? Konsa in my opinion.

The combination of these proximate events led to the 'error'.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 17/10/2022 at 12:22, MakemineVanilla said:

Blimey! That reminds me of the morning of April 15th 1981, when the Villa fans were ripping Ken McNaught a new one, after he had made a rick, the night before, which looked like costing Villa the 1st division championship, against rivals Ipswich Town.

It was the same Ken McNaught who kept a rampant Bayern Munich goalless in the European Cup final, a year later.

Mings will never be a cultured centre-half but when he's on his game, he's one of the best stoppers in the English game.

He's not enjoying the best of form at the moment but he'll be back.

What a ridiculous comparison. The mistake McNaught made was misjudging the pace of the opposition. That's a mistake that could be made by any defender. I challenge you to show me a mistake similar to the one Mings made ? 

How you can compare Mings to the great McNaught is beyond me.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Here's my take on the Mings error.

• It starts with Ramsey losing his man; it was bad. Stay goal-side of him. It was embarrassing how Chilwell threw Ramsey.
  • Mings looks like he misread Chilwell's crappy lob pass for Aubameyang, who Mings was marking, as it was falling behind him.
  • Despite misreading, he got to the ball first, but it was a little behind him.
  • Somebody, forgot to mark Mount, who should have been marking Mount? Konsa in my opinion.

The combination of these proximate events led to the 'error'.

You might as well blame it on the sunshine. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

You might as well blame it on the sunshine. 

I am not blaming anything, just stating what I think happened. 

Now for people who believe in magic, I will let them "blame".

On 18/10/2022 at 09:58, Demitri_C said:

I can gurantee you its mor ethan 5 or 6. I reckon its more than double that but some didnt lead to goals.

I think konsa has stepped up alot this year after last year and its more mings again.

He is just a gaffe waiting to happen. I dont see any of the same cbs making stupid mistakes like this 3 times a season minimum 

Spot on, D. You could think of at least 5 mistakes Mings has made off the top of your head alone. That header was as embarrassing as it gets.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I am not blaming anything, just stating what I think happened. 

Now for people who believe in magic, I will let them "blame".

Nothing to think about. He went to head the ball one way and the ball went the other way. It's as simple as that. Riddle it all you want.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Nothing to think about. He went to head the ball one way and the ball went the other way. It's as simple as that. Riddle it all you want.

Yep its all on mings SV. You can be the worlds best CB but you cant predict whwn your fellow cb would do something so stupid under zero pressure.

Its on mings only. Its not the first and it wont be the last when he does it. I love mings but he is too mistaken ridden to be  a top cb. If gerrards replaced with ambitious name like poch, there is no way he will keep mings as 1st choice i think

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What a ridiculous comparison. The mistake McNaught made was misjudging the pace of the opposition. That's a mistake that could be made by any defender. I challenge you to show me a mistake similar to the one Mings made ? 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I didn't compare Mings with McNaught I compared the reaction of the fans to both incidents.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I didn't compare Mings with McNaught I compared the reaction of the fans to both incidents.

Is that so. Well I guarantee the reaction to Mings mistake was one of utter disbelief. Where McNaught's mistake was greeted with a reaction more borne out of frustration, especially when you consider the enormity of the game. And also, I'm struggling to remember any other calamitous mistakes by McNaught. Not so with Mings.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not the same at all. He headed it short. Mings headed the ball in a totally different direction to where he meant. Instead of clearing the ball, he provided an assist for Mount.

Lol oh stop. Don’t change the goalposts now. I’d also argue this one is worse considering it’s a CL game. Not only did Varane completely misjudge and miss the first header. He saw Jesus next to him and still poorly headed it to the GK. Sure it’s not identical but it’s still similar in calamity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol oh stop. Don’t change the goalposts now. I’d also argue this one is worse considering it’s a CL game. Not only did Varane completely misjudge and miss the first header. He saw Jesus next to him and still poorly headed it to the GK. Sure it’s not identical but it’s still similar in calamity.

No one was challenging Mings. It was a simple headed clearance. However,  he directed into Mounts path, which will be a thing of mystery for years to come. It's certainly not identical, I'll give you that.

Terrible technique is what it comes down to..

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm struggling to remember any other calamitous mistakes by McNaught. Not so with Mings.

He made them.

Every second of his career wasn't televised though, so you can't remember them.

I can’t believe you guys are still arguing over that mistake at the weekend. Mings messed up, he admitted it at HT and said sorry to his team mates. It was definitely Mings fault for that first goal.

Mings issue is he tends to be careless in distributing the ball, even when he has ample time he sometimes mid-kicks it. I don’t know what it is, he just sometimes lacks concentration when something seems easy. When he is fully focussed, and just defending he is an impressive defender. He just lets himself down every now and then, which is why he won’t be classed as a top defender.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, NeilS said:

I can’t believe you guys are still arguing over that mistake at the weekend. Mings messed up, he admitted it at HT and said sorry to his team mates. It was definitely Mings fault for that first goal.

Mings issue is he tends to be careless in distributing the ball, even when he has ample time he sometimes mid-kicks it. I don’t know what it is, he just sometimes lacks concentration when something seems easy. When he is fully focussed, and just defending he is an impressive defender. He just lets himself down every now and then, which is why he won’t be classed as a top defender.

Agree with this, I love the guy but there's no defending that one at the weekend, you'd be stunned by an error like that from a player of any level and you could see he knew it himself. Would trust him to come back from it strongly as he so often does though.

• Like 2

Â